USB File Recovery Tool to Recover Deleted Files from USB Flash Drive
How to Recover Deleted Files from USB Flash Drive for Free
USB flash drive, one of the mostly used portable storage devices, is also known as USB drive, memory stick, thumb drive, etc. It often occurs that you may accidentally deleted files from USB drive when storing or transferring important data. Furthermore, other reasons of USB drive data loss can be summarized in the followings:
- Unplug USB flash drive forcedly when dealing with files;
- Format USB drive with all files by chance;
- USB drive is infected via virus;
- Bad sector appears in USB drive, and the lost file exists in this area;
- Lack of power supply in USB port, which writes error message into the area.
When you get stuck on these problems, take it easy and keep in mind that do not write any new file to the USB stick. This will increase the likelihood of USB file recovery. Here, RePicvid Free Photo Recovery, a professional USB Recovery tool, would get you out of the trouble. It’s able to recover more than 50 formats of files like photos (free), videos, audio files, documents from USB drive. Just download it and have a try!
To Recover Deleted Files from USB Drive with RePicvid USB File Recovery Software
After you download and install the USB file recovery tool, insert USB drive into the port of computer, then get started as following steps.
Step 1. Select a Recovery Option and Ensure USB Drive Is Detected
Choose “All File Types” for recovery and then Click on the USB drive that contains deleted files.
Step 2. Scan Your USB Drive for Deleted or Lost Files
In “Advanced Settings”, you could select those common file formats you want and. Then, click “Scan” to explore all files in the USB drive.
Step 3. Preview and Recover Deleted Files from USB Drive
After the scan stops, preview the thumbnail of deleted files and pick out those you need. At last, recover deleted files from USB drive and save them onto local disk.
Solutions for Other Common Problems of USB Drive
Files in USB Drive Can Not Be Deleted
- Plug USB drive to computer and double-click “My Computer”.
- Select the USB drive and right click it. Choose “Properties”.
- Select “Tools” tab and check button.
- After doing the above steps, select “Scan and fix”.
The Capacity of USB Flash Drive is 0
The important reason for the 0-byte display in USB drive capacity is because of the decoding of the disk’s own partition table. You could use the method above to scan and fix the drive first. If the above methods can’t solve the problem, you need to take the following repair actions:
If USB drive stores vital data, try RePicvid Free Photo Recovery to restore files.
If not, it is advised to perform a “low-level formatting” operation on the USB drive:
- Right-click on the USB drive, and choose “Format “.
- In the open “Format removable disk” window, uncheck the “Quick Format” item and click the “Start” button to format the USB drive.
It Shows “Windows was unable to complete the format” when formatting USB drive
- After connecting USB drive to computer, click “Start” and ”Run”.
- Input cmd and “format X:/fs:fat32”. (X in the instruction is the disk that we insert into the usb drive)
- Click “Enter” and wait for several minutes for the formatting.