How to Recover Lost Data from iPhone/iPad after iOS 10 Update
Along with the launch of the new iPhone 7/7 Plus, Apple also release iOS 10 which brings a lot f cool new features like redesigned lock screen, raise to wake, innovative Message app, and more powerful Siri etc. Many Apple users can’t wait to try the latest iOS version and following is a full list of iOS 10 compatible devices:
iPhone: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
iPad: iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
iPod touch: iPod touch 6
Common Data Loss Problem after Upgrading to iOS 10
iOS 10 brings brilliant new features, however, it will also bring you some problems. Many people who have upgraded to iOS 10 have reported data loss: “I lost my data including contacts and calendars from my iPhone 6s Plus after updating to iOS 10. Is there any way to get back my lost data from my iPhone?” Lost important data like contacts, messages, photos etc. during iOS 10 upgrade? Don’t worry. Here this post will discuss how to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad after iOS 10 update.
Part 1. Recover Data from iPhone Backup after iOS 10 Update
If you find your data lost or disappeared after iOS 10 update, and you have made an iTunes or iCloud backup previously, you can easily get lost data back by restoring from backups.
- Open iTunes on your PC or Mac and plug in your iDevice with a USB cable.
- Select your device and go to Summary, then choose “Restore Backup”.
- Select the backup file you want to restore from and press “Restore”.
- On your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings”.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign into iCloud with your Apple ID and choose a backup. Stay connected to a Wi-Fi network and wait for the restore to complete.
Restoring iPhone, iPad from iTunes or iCloud backup is very easy. But you should know neither iTunes nor iCloud permits preview and selectively restore. Plus, it will wipe all existing data on your iDevices, which may result in new data loss problems.
Part 2. Directly Recover iPhone Lost Data after iOS 10 Upgrade
An alternative way is using third-party tool like Gihosoft Free iPhone Data Recovery. It can help you recover deleted or lost data from iPhone/iPad after upgrade to iOS, no matter you have a backup or not. Here’s how to do it:
- Step 1: Run the iPhone Recovery freeware on your PC or Mac and choose the data you want to recover.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone or iPad to computer and let the program scan your device (or the iTunes backup).
- Step 3: After that, preview and select data you want. Then click “Recover” to save the lost data on your computer.
Note: Using this iPhone Recovery freeware, you can easily recover deleted iPhone messages, contacts, call logs, photos, videos, WhatsApp, Viber, notes, reminders, calendar, Safari bookmarks, voice memos, voicemails, and more.