2 Ways to Recover Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone X/8/7/6 (Plus)
Viber, an app for free call, text and picture, is very popular nowadays. If you have used it to chat with friend or business partner, you’d better learn one or two ways to recover Viber messages from iPhone/iPad after accidental deletion or factory reset etc, which seems more or less inevitable.
There are two options for backing up Viber data. One option is to make backup through the Viber app, which cannot be restored. The other one is to back up Viber along with other data on iPhone via iTunes or iCloud. For the latter option, users can restore backup to iPhone/iPad/iPod touch. What if you have no available backup? For this situation, you need a Viber data recovery tool for iPhone.
Method 1. Retrieve Deleted Viber Messages on iPhone without Backup
If you delete iPhone Viber chats by mistake and have no backup, you’d better stop using your iPhone and seek help from Viber data recovery tool as soon as possible. Gihosoft developed Free iPhone Recovery software to easily recover deleted Viber messages from iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, SE, 6S/6S Plus, 6/6 Plus, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4/2, etc. Please download, install the freeware onto your computer and launch it.
- Step 1. Select Viber that you need to recover.
- Step 2. Connect iPhone to computer and start scanning.
- Step 3. Preview Viber messages/media and recover.
Your recovered Viber messages will be saved in HTML format that you can print the messages out easily. In addition, this freeware can recover deleted iPhone SMS/iMessages, contacts, call logs, notes, photos, videos, reminders, calendar, etc.
Method 2. Restore iPhone Viber Messages from iTunes/iCloud Backup
Restoring Viber messages from iTunes or iCloud backup is free and pretty easy, but you should notice that existing data in your iPhone will be wiped out and replaced by data from the backup. Please follow steps below.
From iTunes Backup:
- Run iTunes on computer and connect iPhone.
- Click the emerging iPhone icon on iTunes menu.
- Find “Backups” on the right panel, and click “Restore backup”.
- Chose a backup to restore. Your iPhone will restart.
From iCloud Backup:
- On iPhone, go to “Settings > General > Reset”, choose “Erase all contents and settings”.
- You iPhone will restart. Follow the on-screen prompts to proceed.
- On “Set up your iPhone” screen, choose “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in your iCloud account, then choose a backup to restore.
Besides Viber, many people depend on WhatsApp for most of communication needs. If you chats a lot with WhatsApp and lost important conversations, please check how to recover deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone here.