3 Methods to Recover Deleted Photos and Videos from iPhone/iPad Free
Have you ever accidentally deleted pictures and videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Don’t worry. It is not the end of the story. Actually, you still have the chance to get your deleted iPhone photos or videos back. Here are 3 selected methods for you.
- Method 1. Recover Deleted Photos/Videos from iPhone Directly
- Method 2. Restore Photos and Videos from iTunes Backup
- Method 3. Restore Photos and Videos from iCloud Backup
Method 1. Recover Deleted Photos/ Videos from iPhone Directly
When you have no backup available or you’re not sure whether the lost photos and videos are in the backup, you can use Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery Free. It is a powerful data recovery tool that supports up to 16 kinds of files and latest iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7(Plus)/SE/6S(Plus)/6(Plus)/5S/5/4S, iPad Pro/Air/Mini, iPod Touch 5/4, etc. As a great iPhone photo recovery software, it can recover deleted photos and videos from iPhone Camera Roll, Photo Stream and other applications.
Please download and install the program to your computer, and retrieve deleted pictures/videos from iPhone or iPad in three steps:
- Step 1. Launch the iPhone Photo Recovery program and select Photos & Videos to recover.
- Step 2. Connect your iPhone or iPad to computer and scan the device for lost data.
- Step 3. Preview recoverable data and recover iPhone photos and videos to computer.
More Features of iPhone Photo/Video Recovery:
- The program will scan data from the iTunes backup that matches the connected device as well as the device itself, provided that you have available iTunes backup.
- Besides photos and videos, you can also recover iPhone deleted SMS/iMessages, WhatsApp, Viber, contacts, voice memos, notes, reminders, calendar, and more data.
- Multimedia files will be saved in separate folders according to types. Text data will be saved in HTML format and can be printed out.
Method 2. Restore Photos and Videos from iTunes Backup
If you’ve ever synced your iPhone or iPad with iTunes, you can regain your deleted photos and videos by restoring from iTunes backup. Go to “Edit > Preferences > Devices” on iTunes. You’ll see backups marked with device name and date. If you’ve made mind to do it, please follow steps below:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to computer.
- On iTunes, go to “File > Devices > Restore from Backup”. You’ll be asked to turn off “Find My iPhone” if it’s on currently.
- Choose one backup to restore. Your device will restart.
Method 3. Restore Photos and Videos from iCloud Backup
If you’ve backed your iPhone or iPad with iCloud before, you can also restore pictures and videos from iCloud without computer. Make sure you have an iCloud backup to restore from first. Go to “Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage”, tap a device listed under “Backups” to see the date and size of its latest backup. Then follow steps below.
- On your iPhone/iPad, go to “Settings > General > Reset”, then tap “Erase all contents and settings”. The device will reboot.
- In the setup guide, proceed to “Set up your device”, tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”, then sign in to iCloud.
- Proceed to “Choose backup”, tap a backup to restore. The device will restart.
Note: You’re not suggested to take the latter two methods unless you’re pretty sure your deleted/lost photos and videos are in the backup. It is necessary to make backup for existing data on your device.