5 Twitter Video Downloader to Save Twitter Videos and Gifs Free
Short videos and animated gifs are in vogue in Twitter, as we can fully watch them in our fragmented time. However, the official Twitter app does not have a video download option. If you have ever encountered this problem, check out this guide below to quickly download Twitter videos and gifs on your Mac & Windows computer and iPhone & Android mobile devices. These methods are guaranteed to work well, and we’ll keep our eyes on this list every now and then to make sure they are still reliable. Now let’s talk about them one by one.
- Method 1. How to Download Videos/Gifs from Twitter Using Third-party Tool
- Method 2. Best Way to Save Twitter Videos/Gifs with Online Site
- Method 3. Download Twitter Videos/Images with Plugin
- Method 4. How to Save Twitter Videos/Gifs without Any App
- Method 5. Download Twitter Videos on Android & iPhone Smartphones
Method 1. How to Download Videos/Gifs from Twitter Using Third-party Tool
Whenever you find a funny and interesting video or gif, you can download and install a third-party Twitter video downloader to save it to your devices. For Windows or Mac users, you can try Gihosoft TubeGet, a video downloader intended for you to save videos from YouTube, and Twitter of course. Apart from Twitter, it also gives you the opportunity to download Facebook videos. For saving Facebook videos, you can refer to this article: Download & Save Facebook Video. Now let’s back to the topic and see the step-by-step process of how to save Twitter videos on Windows & Mac with Gihosoft TubeGet.
Simple Steps to Download Twitter Videos on PC & Mac:
- Copy the link of your favorite Tweet video or gif. Just click the menu down arrow on the upper-right corner and select “Copy link to Tweet”. Then you’ll see a pop-up window that you can copy the Tweet link. Or you can click the time above the tweet and a new interface will pop up, copy the URL from the address line.
- Open Gihosoft TubeGet and Click “+Paste URL”. After it finishes analyzing, just choose the right video format, resolution and the saving place.
- Press “Download”. It may take you some time to finish the downloading process.
Method 2. Best Way to Save Twitter Videos/Gifs with Online Site
Twitter Video Downloader is a completely free online Twitter video downloader site. With it, users can be self-sufficient to download short videos & Gifs from tweets to their Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows & Mac devices without installing any other desktop software. With this online site in hand, you can play all your downloaded Twitter videos offline even if you are out of range of cellular connections or WiFi hotspots. So if you’re still searching for a best Twitter video downloader, you’ll love this site. Now let’s dive into the site and see how to keep videos from Twitter with it.
Dead-simple Process to Download Short Videos from Twitter:
- Copy the tweet URL as described in method 1.
- Paste the tweet URL in the box, then the Twitter video downloader online site will interpret the link. Shortly after the Twitter video URL is identified and loaded, the site will skip to the download page.
- To save this short Tweet video to your device, first you need to pick the preferred video resolution. Then you just click on “Download Video” button, rename the short video and click “Save” button, then the short video will be downloaded as MP4 format on your target device.
Method 3. Download Twitter Videos/Images with Plugin
From funny videos to makeup tutorials, prank videos to MV, there are so many videos on Twitter worth watching. Watching videos on Twitter is not a difficult thing if you have a decent Internet connection, but is not that easy to save Twitter videos to devices for offline playing when you are on the go. Luckily, aside from those 2 methods above-mentioned, there are also a handful of great extensions and plugins existing to make your Twitter video offline watching experience quite smooth. Today I single out a very practical plugin – Twitter Media Downloader, an extension for Chrome and Firefox, which can definitely satiate your need. The biggest advantage of this plugin is that it has the ability to batch download all the videos, gifs and images on the Twitter. Then how to download all the videos on Twitter at once using this plugin? Let’s see the downloading process on Chrome browser.
The 5-Step Process to Save Twitter Video, Image & Gif with Plugin
Step 1. Search “Twitter Media Downloader”on the Chrome Web Store, hit ”ADD TO CHROME” button to install this extension on your Chrome.
Step 2. Find the video you want to download on Twitter. Then go to the video owner’s Twitter account homepage, you will find a download arrow displayed next to the “Media” column.
Step 3. Specify the Tweet ID range. What’s Tweet ID? It’s the numerical part of the Tweet’s URL. For example, if a Tweet URL is https://twitter.com/CNN/status/983181182530719745, then 983181182530719745 is the Tweet ID. Choose the number of Tweets you want to download, and copy the upper limit and lower limit of the Tweet ID.
Step 4. Click the download arrow next to the “Media”column, a new dialog will pop up. Just input the Tweet ID range you want to download, and choose what kind of media file you want to download.
Step 5. Click the “Start”button, the extension will now analyze the media file. After analysis, a ZIP file containing the target image, video & gif files will be downloaded to your computer at a time.
Method 4. How to Save Twitter Videos/Gifs without Any App
Installing a third-party software to download Twitter videos or gifs is a generic method. But why taking up extra computer space as you can finish this task directly through web without any software in just a few steps. Here I’m going to share you a fantastic trick that will let you download any video or gif from Twitter without using any software or online tool, all you need is your Chrome browser. This trick might be a little difficult for a computer novice the first time, but once you have a handle on that, you will uncover a new world of online video downloading.
Simple Steps to Save Videos from Twitter without Any App:
- Copy the tweet link as described in method 1.
- Open a new tab on your browser, and paste the URL in the address line. Add “m.” or “mobile.” behind “https://”, press “Enter” and this will redirect it to the mobile version of Twitter.
- Play the video on the new interface, then right click on the video and select “Save video as” option.
- Rename the file and choose a saving location, then click “Save”. The video or animated gifs will be saved in MP4 format.
By now you will probably know the way to save Twitter videos directly with Chrome.
Method 5. Download Twitter Video on Android & iPhone Smartphones
For many of us, it’s a great fun to shoot videos and post them on Twitter to share with the world and receive likes from our fans. Vice versa, it’s also a joy to watch short videos published by people we have been following. We follow them because they create a lot of things that let us learn or laugh, and sometimes you may even want to save these video contents on your Android & iPhone Smartphones for offline viewing. Although Twitter doesn’t give any direct option to download videos or animated images, but we can appeal to other third-party apps. Next, I’ll show you the best workarounds to save videos from Twitter on your iPhone & Android phones.
Steps to Grab Videos from Twitter on Android Phones
- Download Video Downloader for Twitter from the web, then install it on your Android phone.
- Launch the Twitter app and find the video or Gif image you want to download, open the media and it will take up the entire screen.
- From the bottom of the screen, tap on the “Share” You’ll be given a list of options where you want to share this media file. Select “Video Downloader for Twitter”as your target.
- On the new interface, select the video format & quality you like, click on “Download”button, then the Twitter media content will be saved on your internal storage or SD card.
Tips: If you want to download Twitter videos or gifs on your iPhone or iPad devices, you can try Video Downloader for Twitter IOS version, and the usage is similar to Android version.
Downloading videos and gifs from Twitter using any of these 5 methods is a breeze as it requires only a few steps. So next time when you come across your favorite videos or gifs on Twitter, just download them and play it at anytime, anywhere as you like. If you want to convert Twitter video to MP4 or AVI to preserve in your PC or portable players, Gihosoft Free Video Converter is your best choice. Within only a few clicks, you can convert Twitter videos into common formats.