How to Transfer SMS & iMessages from iPhone to iPhone X/8/8 Plus
When we get a new iPhone, like the newest iPhone X or iPhone 8/8 Plus, I think most people have the demand for moving the precious text messages of the old iPhone to the new iPhone quickly. Perhaps most of them have tried many ways but ended up failing because of unknown reasons. Well, please do not be discouraged! Transferring messages from iPhone to iPhone is much easier than you thought! Here are two effective methods may be helpful for you.
- Method 1: Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud Backup
- Method 2: Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone via Gihosoft Mobile Transfer
Method 1: Transfer Text Messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud Backup
- Connect the old iPhone to a power source and turn on Wi-Fi.
- On the old iPhone, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and turn on iCloud Backup.
- Tap Back Up Now (and wait for the backup process to complete).
- Turn on your new iPhone. If you haven’t done so already, you’ll need to go through the setup process. When asked, tap Restore from iCloud Backup and Next. If you have already been through the setup process, you’ll need to reset your iPhone. Tap on Settings > General > Reset and > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password, your old messages will be transferred to new iPhone.
Method 2: Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone via Gihosoft Mobile Transfer
Gihosoft Phone Transfer is a professional phone to phone data transfer software, which can be used to switch contacts, messages, photos, music, videos, etc from iPhone to iPhone effortlessly. And its supports are provided for almost all kinds of iOS devices, such as iPhone X, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6S/6S Plus, iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, as well as iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4/2, etc. Here the steps for how to transfer text messages iPhone to iPhone:
Step 1: Install and Launch Gihosoft Mobile Transfer
Go to Gihosoft official site to download this iPhone to iPhone messages transfer software, then install and launch it on your computer.
Step 2: Connect both iDevices to Computer via USB
Tap “Phone to Phone” and connect the two iPhones to the computer via USB cables respectively. When the two iPhones are connected successfully, the name will be shown on the interface. And you can press “Flip” to change their places.
Note: Make sure that the latest version of iTunes has been installed on your computer so that the iPhone can be recognized by the program.
Step 3: Copy Messages from iPhone to iPhone
Now You can select the “SMS” to transfer, then click “Start Copy” to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone.
Note: You can backup iPhone messages to PC to survive from accidentally data loss caused by iOS upgrade, jailbreak, or even iPhone broken, lost or stolen. It is very easy to do the backup: Run Gihosoft Mobile Transfer > Choose Backup Your Phone > Connect iPhone to PC > Tap Start Copy to Backup iPhone SMS.
Having compared with the two methods, obviously the second one is much easier, which enables you to transfer text messages from old iPhone to new iPhone X/8/7/6S Plus within only 3 steps. And the most important thing is that, unlike other transfer tools which compulsorily force you to transfer all the phone data at once, this software lets you free to select to transfer messages only, which is time-saving. Besides, when you switch to a new Android phone like Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, you can also use it to transfer text messages from iPhone to Samsung.