How to Print Text Messages from iPhone X/8/7/6S
Sometimes the text messages on your iPhone would be very important: they could be evidence to defend yourself at court, or a precious memory between you and a passed-away friend. It’s popular that people back up their iPhone messages with iTunes or iCloud; however, since all the electronic devices would crash, and if you want to use them as powerful convincing evidence, it would be better to print out iPhone messages on paper.
Although now Apple introduced AirPrint on iOS device, you still can’t use it to directly print your messages from iPhone the same as printing iPhone photos. Surely you can copy the messages to your email and send them for printing, but this way won’t save the date and time of your messages and also is hard for bulk actions. So in this article, we will discuss 3 ways to print text messages from iPhone.
- Method 1: Screenshot the Messages to Print
- Method 2: Print iPhone Text Messages with iPhone Recovery Tool
- Method 3: Print iPhone Messages in iCloud/iTunes Backup
Method 1: Screenshot the Messages to Print
As iOS AirPrint function can be used to print photos from iPhone, one of the easily way to print iPhone messages is by taking screenshots. But this method has its disadvantage: it needs your repetitious operations if you want to print long or different message threads on iPhone because of the limit of a screenshot.
Steps to Print iPhone Text Messages with Screenshot:
- Open the Messages app and find the texts you want to print.
- Press the Home button and the Power button at the same time then release to take a screenshot. (iPhone X will need the Side button and the Volume Up button together)
- Open the screenshot you took, and tap on the Share button.
- Choose “Print” in the sharing options and select a printer enabled AirPrint, or you can email it to yourself for printing.
It’s tedious to repeat the same operation again and again if you have a bulk of messages to print out, so you can follow the next two methods to print all messages from iPhone easily at once.
Method 2: Print iPhone Text Messages with iPhone Recovery Tool
If you have lots of messages to print out, and you need all the sent/received time of the messages for court, Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery will be a good choice for you. You just need to click on the Print button of this software, it will print out all your messages on iPhone, or save them as PDF easily. Also, if you accidentally deleted those vital messages, it will help you retrieve lost iPhone texts even without any backup.
- Step 1: Run the iPhone SMS Recovery tool, and select “Messages”.
- Step 2: Connect iPhone to computer and click Next to scan for text messages.
- Step 3: After scanning, preview and select the messages you need, and then click on the “Print” button on the top.
- Step 4: Preview the printed version of the document and select your printer to print out text messages from iPhone as PDF or to paper.
Method 3: Print iPhone Messages in iCloud/iTunes Backup
Besides, If you currently don’t have the iPhone, or the messages you need are not on the phone, you can also use the iPhone Recovery tool to extract the iPhone messages from backup first, and then print them out all at once.
From iTunes Backup:
- Open the iPhone Data Recovery and select the items related to messages.
- Choose “View iTunes Backup” and select the latest backup of your iPhone.
- Preview the messages after scanning, and click “Print” to print out the selected messages on iPhone.
From iCloud Backup:
- Run the iPhone message recovery tool and tick on “Messages”.
- Click on “View iCloud Backup” and sign in your Apple ID for access to your latest backup.
- Select the messages you need and click “Print”. You can either directly print them onto paper, or export the iPhone text messages to PDF.
If you lost messages on iPhone or iPad, you can use the Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery to get back deleted iPhone iMessages and SMS. Besides, this tool can help you get back other deleted data like contacts, photos, videos, notes, voicemails on iOS device as well.