4 Ways to Print Text Messages from iPhone Xs/X/8/7/6S [for Court or Backup]
Sometimes the text messages on your iPhone would be crucial: they could be evidence to defend yourself at court or a precious memory between you and a passed-away friend. It is common for iPhone users to back up the iPhone text messages with iTunes or iCloud. However, it will be better to print out text messages from iPhone on paper, if you want to use them as convincing evidence. Also, since all the electronic devices would crash, this is another form of backup.
Although now Apple introduced AirPrint on iOS device, you can’t use it to directly print your messages from iPhone the same as printing iPhone photos. Some iPhone users come up with printing text messages from iPhone by Email or taking screenshots. These two methods are easy and workable, but each of them has its disadvantages. In this article, we will discuss how to print text messages from iPhone for court or backup.
- Method 1: Print out Text Messages from iPhone by Email
- Method 2: Print Text Messages from iPhone via Taking Screenshots
- Method 3: Print out Text Messages Deleted from iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery
- Method 4: Print Texts or iMessages from iPhone for Court using iPhone Manager
How to Print out Text Messages from iPhone by Email
It is an easy way to print out text messages from iPhone by Email, but there are some defects of it. You have to manually copy and paste the text messages one by one, which can be a tedious task if there are many text messages to print out. Moreover, the text messages printed out by Email have no time and date information, as well as the contact information of the person who sends the text messages. Thus, this method is only suitable when you have just a handful of iPhone text messages to print for backup. Follow the guides below on how to print out text messages from iPhone by Email.
- Step 1: Open the Messages app on the iPhone and click on the conversation you want to print out.
- Step 2: Long press the message until a “Copy/More” dialogue propping up, and then tap on the Copy.
- Step 3: Go to the Mail app on the iPhone and create a new message.
- Step 4: Paste the text message you copied on the message body, and send it to your Email account.
- Step 5: Sign in your Email box on the computer to print the text messages.
How to Print Text Messages from iPhone via Taking Screenshots
As the iOS AirPrint function can be used to print photos from the iPhone, one of the easy ways to print iPhone messages is by taking screenshots. This method can retain time, date, and contact information, which cannot be achieved by Email. However, it needs your repeated operations if you want to print long or different message threads on the iPhone. So taking screenshots is suitable when there are only one or several text messages to print from iPhone for court or other purpose.
Steps to Print iPhone Text Messages with Screenshot:
- Open the Messages app and find the texts you want to print.
- Press the Home button and the Power button at the same time, then release them to take the screenshot. (iPhone X will need the Side button and the Volume Up button together)
- Go to the Photos app on iPhone, select the screenshots of text messages, and tap on the Share button on the bottom left.
- Choose “Print” in the sharing options and select a printer enabled AirPrint, or you can email it to your email account for printing.
It’s tedious to repeat the same operation again and again if you have a bulk of messages to print out from the iPhone. Then you can follow the following two methods to print all messages from iPhone easily at once.
How to Print Deleted Text Messages from iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery
If you have deleted messages to print out from the iPhone, Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery will be a good choice for you. It can recover deleted iPhone messages and print out the date/time information and contact information of text messages, which is helpful for court.
You just need to click on the Print button of this software, and it will print out all your messages on the iPhone, or save them as PDF easily. Also, if you accidentally deleted those important messages, it will help you retrieve iPhone deleted texts even without any backup. This tool offers three options for the users to print text messages from iPhone.
Option 1: From your iPhone directly
- Step 1: Run the Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery on your computer and check the box next to file types related to messages.
- Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the computer and click Next to scan all the text messages on your iPhone.
- Step 3: After scanning, preview, and select the messages you need, and then click on the “Print” button on the top.
- Step 4: Preview the printed version of the document and select your printer to print out text messages from the iPhone as PDF or to paper.
Option 2: From iTunes Backup
- Open the iPhone Data Recovery and select the items related to messages.
- Choose “View iTunes Backup” and select the latest backup of your iPhone.
- Preview the messages after scanning, and click “Print” to print out the selected messages on the iPhone.
Option 3: From iCloud Backup
- Run the Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery, tick on “Messages” and “Messages Attachments” and click Next.
- Click on “View iCloud Backup” and sign in your Apple ID for access to your latest backup.
- Select the messages you need and click “Print”. You can either directly print them onto paper, or export the iPhone text messages to PDF.
How to Print out Text Messages from iPhone for Court using iPhone Manager
Apart from Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery, Gihosoft iManager is a professional tool to view, extract, and archive texts or iMessages from iTunes backup. It is a decent choice if you choose to print text messages from iTunes backup on the computer. Here are the steps to print out messages from iPhone for court or backup.
- Back up iPhone to computer using iTunes.
- Launch Gihosoft iManager on your computer, select the iPhone backup you previously made from the backup list on the left bar, and click on the Messages icon.
- Preview and tick the messages you need on the left bar, then select “Export to PDF” option on the top bar.
Above all are four methods we summarized for you. Each method has its merits and shortcomings. When you have a couple of text messages to print out from the iPhone, you can try method 1 and method 2. When the number of iPhone text messages is large, method 3 and method 4 are handy. If you need to print text messages from iPhone for court, the last three methods are more proper. Please select the best one according to your needs. If you have any queries or suggestions, please share with us on the comment section.