3 Easy Ways to Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone
To protect individual privacy or clear up the storage space, some iPhone users may choose to delete their phone call history from time to time. But what if you accidentally deleted some recent calls before you realized they were quite important for you? Probably you will wonder if there is any way to get them back. Here are some methods to help you retrieve deleted call logs on iPhone 11/11 Pro, iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, iPhone X/8/7/6S/6, etc.
- Part 1. A Reliable Tool for iPhone Call History Recovery
- Part 2. Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone without Backup
- Part 3. Retrieve Deleted iPhone Call Log from iTunes Backup
- Part 4. Restore Deleted iPhone Call History from iCloud Backup
Part 1. A Reliable Tool for iPhone Call History Recovery
The software we introduce in this post is Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery, which enables iPhone call log recovery in an easy and safe way. It is also designed to recover photos, contacts, messages, notes, reminders, calendars, voice memos, etc. from iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Here are some features of this software:
- It can recover data directly from iOS device, or from iTunes/iCloud backup.
- It allows you to preview data before recovery and selectively restore what you want only.
- It is perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 13/iPadOS and iPhone 11/11 Pro.
- It works on both Windows 10/8/7 and macOS Catalina 10. 15/10. 14 or earlier.
Next, let’s see how to find your deleted calls on iPhone using Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery: from iPhone directly, from iTunes backup or iCloud backup.
Part 2. Recover Deleted Call History on iPhone without Backup
If you didn’t back up your iPhone before, either to iTunes or iCloud, you can retrieve deleted call logs directly from your iPhone, using Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery. When you deleted a call log, the item remains in the iPhone’s internal storage until it is overwritten by newly generated data over time. For that, we recommend you to stop using iPhone after deletion, and then use the data recovery software as soon as possible to increase your chances of restoring your deleted iPhone calls.
Note: If the deleted call history on your iPhone is overwritten, not only Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery cannot help you find them, nor can other iOS data recovery software.
Steps to recover deleted calls from iPhone directly:
- Step 1: Install and run Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery on your computer, then select “Call History” shown in the interface.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer and begin to scan for call history directly from the device.
- Step 3: Preview and choose call logs you need, and then click the “Recover” button to recover deleted recent calls on iPhone.
Part 3. Retrieve Deleted iPhone Call Log from iTunes Backup
Apple offers backup service for iOS users by using iTunes. Although you have an iTunes backup, it’s hard to know whether the backup file contains the call logs you need. Luckily, Gihosoft iPhone Call History Recovery software allows you to view and extract call logs from iTunes backup.
- Open the iPhone Call History Recovery tool.
- Ensure the “Call history” is checked, next click on “View iTunes Backup” and select the latest backup to scan for call history.
- After scanning, you can recover and export the deleted call history onto computer so that you can print it out.
Note: If you don’t mind overwriting the existing data on your device, you can get back your deleted calls by restoring the whole iTunes backup to your iPhone.
Part 4. Restore Deleted iPhone Call History from iCloud Backup
iCloud is another way for you to backup iPhone as long as wireless network is available. However, before you restore iPhone with an iCloud backup, it is better for you to check whether the deleted recent calls are contained in the backup. Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery is a good choice to view call history in iCloud backup. It can also recover deleted call history inside your iCloud.
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup on iPhone to make sure you have an iCloud backup, and check the date of your latest backup.
- Launch the iPhone Call Log Recovery application and select “Call History”, next click on “View iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password, and then select your latest backup to download call log backup.
- Extract and recover your deleted recent calls from iCloud backup.
Note: If you want to recover call history on iPhone without computer, you can restore your iPhone from the iCloud backup. But please note that restoring an old iCloud backup requires to erase current data and settings on your iPhone.
Q1: Can I recover deleted missed calls from iPhone?
Yes, Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery impose no limit on the kind of calls you can retrieve. This means you can recover all deleted calls logs, including missed, outgoing and incoming calls. The software also recover the details about iPhone call history, like the phone number, time and data stamp and contact name.
Q2: Can I transfer existing call history to computer?
Gihosoft iPhone Data Recover will scan your iPhone for both deleted and existing call logs. After scanning, you can just tap the Recover button to transfer your call logs from iPhone to the computer in one click.
Q3: Will my private information be leaked if I use this software?
Gihosoft takes your privacy seriously and never retains any your private information or content during recovery.
These are the three ways to recover deleted call history on iPhone using Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery: from iPhone directly, from iTunes/iCloud backup. If you don’t want to use a third-party data recovery software, you can find your deleted calls through the official methods, which we provide the link in each related part. BTW, when the deleted call logs are overwritten on iPhone, you can’t retrieve them with the most powerful software. Thus, we recommend you to back up your iPhone regularly in case of any data loss.