Top 5 Best SD Card Recovery Software Free Download in 2022
SD cards are widely-used in mobile phones, digital cameras, and other electronic devices. However, most people learn the importance of backing up SD card in a hard way. As a result, many people need to recover deleted photos and videos from SD card after mistaken deletion, formatting or other accidents. Luckily, as long as the lost data has not been overwritten by new ones, there is a chance to undelete photos, videos and other files for free with the help of the top free SD card recovery software listed below.
Why You Need a FREE SD Card Recovery Software
Though it is possible to retrieve lost files from an SD card, most people are unable to do it manually. SD card recovery tools developed by technical teams or companies are more efficient for the very task. Data recovery laboratories are surely capable of detecting and fixing the issue, but the cost is usually not affordable for individuals. Hence, it is a wise and reasonable choice to seek for the best free SD card recovery software.
The top SD card recovery apps in this article are free or partially free but with premium and paid features, which should not be ignored. Actually, sometimes only those advanced programs can find your lost files. Moreover, all of the recovery tools in this article will allow you to preview the found data so that you know what can be recovered and which cannot.
We have prepared 5 Best Free SD Card Recovery Software for your ease. Check them and choose the best that suits you:
Gihosoft RePicvid is a rising name in the data recovery industry which has won the trust and satisfaction of millions of users. It comes with various editions and the Standard version provides the maximum possibility of SD card data recovery. You can use it to scan your SanDisk, Kingston or any other SD memory card for lost photos, videos, audio, Office documents, etc. hassle-free.
RePicvid SD Card Recovery Software is available for free download on Windows and Mac computers and supports SD cards running on FAT32 and exFAT as well as devices on NTFS and other file systems. It is featured with a straightforward and intuitive interface, so you will get back lost files in several steps.
- Step 1. Connect the SD card to computer via a card reader or the slot on PC.
- Step 2. Run RePicvid Standard and select the file type for recovery.
- Step 3. Scan the SD card partition for lost data.
- Step 4. Preview the found data and click the Recover button to save them.
- It allows retrieving the lost data from USB drive, SD card, hard drive and so on.
- The Advanced Settings enable fast and efficient scanning.
- 100% free for SD card photo recovery.
- It is risk-free, powerful and reliable.
Top 2. DiskDrill (500MB Free Recovery)
Sometimes, we delete the data from the drive and also clean the Recycle Bin. If this thing happened to you, then this software is very helpful in this case. DiskDrill is very easy to operate. Select the drive from which you want to recover the data with a deep scan or quick scan. Go for deep scan option if you want to recover more file. Although a quick scan takes less time for scanning, it may be unable to find the lost data you want to recover.
- Both deep scan and quick scan are available.
- The deep scanning takes comparatively less time.
- Offers free data recovery within 500MB.
- Quick scanning won’t find too much valid data.
- It is not easy to locate the wanted data from all the entries.
Top 3. Recuva (for Windows Only)
Recuva is another popular SD card data recovery software. It is easy to use and manage. Launch the Recuva, and select the advanced mode. Select the options. A dialogue box will appear, choose the Action Tab. Select Scan and then press OK. Do wait until the Recuva scan completes. Save your file in particular folder after the scanning process.
- Recuva has both Free version and Professional version.
- Quite efficient in JPEG photo recovery.
- The interface is not friendly for newbies.
- Recuva only works on the Windows, not on Mac.
Top 4. iCare Data Recovery
If you are in search of a free SD Card Recovery Software that only works on the Windows operating system, then you must try iCare Data Recovery. It provides various editions for users, and users can at least recover 1GB files free.
Launch the iCare and select the recovery mode from “Deleted File Recovery” and “Advanced File Recovery”. Choose the storage media to start the scanning process. Wait for the scanning process to complete. Preview the lost data, choose the files that you want to save. Save the files in your desired folder.
- iCare offers up to 1GB of free data recovery from SD card and other storage media.
- It works well for all types of data except jpeg.
- It is very easy to use.
- iCare only operates on Windows, not on Mac.
- The scanning really takes a long time.
Top 5. PhotoRec Data Recovery (Free Yet Complicated)
PhotoRec is one of best SD card recovery freeware that recover all types of files. It is 100% free for SD card data recovery, but operating this software itself is a difficult task. It will take users a lot of time to get the hang on it. If you’re a tech savvy, then PhotoRec is absolutely a good choice. Otherwise, it is the last free SD card recovery software that we would recommend.
- It is free and recovers all types of files
- It supports all storage media such as hard drive, USB flash and SD card.
- PhotoRec versions are supportive on Mac, Windows, and Linux Operating System.
- PhotoRec uses the command line interface that is very difficult to operate especially for the new users.
- It is somehow technical so a wrong command entry can lead to data corruption or data loss.
In this article, we have gone through all the 5 best SD card recovery freeware. It is impossible to name the best SD card recovery software that suits everyone, but we have tried ranking them in a reasonable order, so you can pick one by one to see if your lost SD card files can be found or not. Nevertheless, RePicvid is strongly suggested for restoring deleted photos and videos from Nikon camera for free. Kindly share your experience, suggestion or problem with us in the comment.