Solutions for Pen Drive Recovery – Using CMD or Pen Drive File Recovery Software
Pen drive (a.k.a. thumb drive or jump drive) is often used to store, back up or transfer essential files like photos and videos, thanks to its durability, portability and fast transfer speeds. However, the vital data stored in pen drive is always prone to lose for various reasons such as accidental deletion, unintentional formatting, corrupted media, virus attacks or human errors. There is no need to worry if you follow those methods below to recover deleted/lost files from formatted, crashed or inaccessible pen drive.
Solution 1: Corrupted/Unreadable Pen Drive Recovery Using CMD
When the pen drive becomes corrupted or unreadable, chances are that Windows pops up “You need to format the disk…”, “The disk is not accessible…”, the pen drive is infected by shortcut virus or the files are hidden, and so forth. Just follow these steps to recover deleted files from pen drive using CMD:
- Connect the corrupted pen drive to your computer.
- Go to Start button and right click.
- Click Command Prompt (Admin). The CMD will open.
- Type the pen drive letter, E.g. > F: , and press Enter.
- Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.*, press Enter and wait for few seconds.
- Check the pen drive, and your files would be restored.
Note: This method could only work for repairing corrupted pen drive. If it fails to recover files, just try the other solution.
Solution 2: Recover Deleted or Formatted Files Using Pen Drive Recovery Software
Since using CMD is unable to solve all data loss issues, RePicvid Free Photo Recovery, one of those best powerful and reliable pen drive recovery software, comes in handy. It is specially created to recover deleted files from pen drive, memory card, HHD, SSD, etc. What’s more, RePicvid offers Photo (free), Video, Audio and All File Recovery modules to restore any data you need from formatted, corrupted or virus-affected pen drive. Just download and install RePicvid Pen Drive Recovery, then have a try.
Note: Don’t save anything onto the pen drive after you delete recent files for fear that new data would overwrite the device.
Follow these steps to recover deleted/formatted files from pen drive:
Step 1. Connect the Pen Drive to Your Computer
Directly insert pen drive into the USB port of computer. Then launch RePicvid Pen drive Recovery Software and select the “All File Types” module.
Step 2. Scan the Pen Drive for Deleted/Lost Files and Preview
When RePicvid detects the pen drive, it will show in “Removable disk” with brand name like Kingston. Select the pen drive disk and click “Advanced Settings” to refine file formats. Start to scan the pen drive and then preview the lost files.
Step 3. Recover Deleted Files from Pen Drive and Save
Choose those files (pictures, videos, audio, etc.) you want to recover and save them onto another folder of disk.
What If Pen Drive Can’t Be Detected by Computer?
If RePicvid Pen Drive File Recovery is unable to recognize the pen drive, you may need to check it out one by one:
- Insert an intact pen drive to check if the USB port is normal. And make sure it plugs completely as some connectors are very tight.
- Connect your pen drive to the right USB port to examine the problem of pen drive itself.
- Enter bios to inspect the permission of pen drive.
- Remount USB driver in system device manager. After that, you need to restart your computer.
- Run anti-virus program to scan pen drive.