How to Brighten Dark Videos On Computer and Mobile
Brightness is an essential element that defines the overall impact of our videos and movies. We often manage to capture wonderful videos on our mobile or camera but they fail to impress our friends due to their lack of brightness.
Similarly, dark video clips or movies can spoil our experience especially when we watch them on a computer. We can adjust the on-screen brightness or brightness of our media players but that does not make them any better.
Today, we will let you know how to brighten dark videos on the computer and mobile. So, let us get going!
PART 1. How to Lighten Up Videos on Windows 10/8/7 Computers
PawEditor is an exceptional video editor that can lighten up dark video naturally. Moreover, it can also be used to enhance your videos by adjusting the contrast and saturation.
More features of this video editor:
- Multiple video formats, resolutions, and frame rates can be selected for the final edited video.
- PawEditor also allows you to add texts, filters, transitions, and other effects to the edited videos. Moreover, you can also trim the video as per your requirements.
- It can be downloaded for free on your computer.
Follow this step-by-step process to fix dark video on a computer:
- Step 1. Install PawEditor on your computer first. Open the editor after installing it and start a new project by giving it a suitable name.
- Step 2. Now, import a video by double-clicking on the video library’s space. After that, add the selected video or recording on the timeline. Now, move the dark video clip by dragging it on the track.
- Step 3. After that, you can use the brightness effect to enhance the brightness of the video. You will find the brightness option in the “Colors’ tab and after that, you just need to click on the “+” option or you can adjust the brightness slider as per your requirement.
- Step 4. Furthermore, you can tune the video by adjusting contrast, saturation, and other aspects. Now, you can download the video to the desired folder of your computer.
PART 2. How to Fix Dark Videos on MAC devices
If you want to understand how to add brightness to video on Mac OS, you can use the iMovie video editor that is available for free. As one of the most trusted video editing software, it is specially made for Mac and iOS users. So you can enhance video brightness easily and straightforwardly using this video editor if you own an Apple device.
Follow this procedure for increasing the brightness of dark videos perfectly by using the iMovie application:
- Step 1. Firstly, open this video editing application on your device, then you can drag a video on its timeline to initiate the process of video editing.
- Step 2. At the top of the “Preview window” option, there is a menu bar where you will find the “Color Correction” option. Click on this option and there will appear three bars that are used to adjust the color of the imported video.
- Step 3. The first bar is used for adjusting brightness and you can move its slider to the right to increase the brightness of the video. Moreover, even the “Adjust Shadow” option can be used to lighten the shadows which will ultimately improve the visibility of darker videos.
- Step 4. Now, you can download the edited video in the desired folder.
PART 3. How to Add Brightness to Videos on Mobile Phones
Instagram can be used on Windows, iOS, Android and almost all kinds of smartphones. Moreover, it will not cost you anything to help you fix dark videos. Increasing the brightness of videos is easy as it can be simply done by using the Instagram filters. These filters are seen when you upload a video directly to the Instagram story. But one thing you should know is that there is a slight deterioration in the video’s quality after editing it with the filters.
Follow this process to use Instagram to brighten a dark video on Android or iPhone:
- Step 1. Open the Instagram feed and choose a video from your phone that needs correction in brightness. Instagram will preview your video and provide filters that can be applied to the video.
- Step 2. Choose a filter that can increase the brightness of your video. We suggest you use a filter called “Lark” that makes a video bright by increasing its exposure. You can tap on this filter twice to improve the brightness strength.
- Step 3. After that, you can tap on the “Save” option to save the edited video on your device. Yes, Instagram also allows you to save the edited video on your smartphone instead of posting it.
These are three methods that we recommend if someone asks how to lighten dark video footage via a computer or mobile. We hope that you find them helpful. If you have any suggestions or feedback, please let us know through the comments section.