Top Video Cropper – Crop Videos Online And On Computer Without Watermark
Cropping videos is sometimes essential to focus more on the objects that are supposed to be highlighted in the videos. At times, while recording a particular object or scene, we end up capturing too much background unnecessarily. To make such videos more relevant to the topic, we have the need to crop the videos. For doing such a task quickly and efficiently we would require a video cropper which is nothing but a video editor that has been specifically developed to crop videos, especially those with black bars and borders.
Therefore, today we suggest some of the coolest video croppers for Windows, Mac and online. And we will also tell you how to crop borders of a video with these tools.
#1 iMovie (Mac)
iMovie is the best choice when you want to edit a video on systems that are powdered by the MAC operating system. Apart from MAC devices, iMovie can also be used to crop videos on the iPad, iPhone, and other iOS devices. Moreover, it is free for MAC and iOS users. Moreover, it can be your answer when someone asks you how to crop videos on MAC devices.
Follow these steps to crop videos on MAC using iMovie:
- Step 1. Launch iMovie on your MAC device. Open a project and drop the video that needs to be cropped in the work panel (timeline).
- Step 2. Now, you will be able to find the crop button above the window that shows the preview of the video. There you will find three cropping options. Select the “Crop to fill” option and a cropping frame will appear on the window.
- Step 3. Adjust the frame as per your requirements and hit the “Apply” option once you are done with cropping. If you have cropped incorrectly you can hit the “Reset” button. Also, the default aspect ratio of the adjustable frame is 16:9. However, you can even modify it as per your requirements.
- Step 4. Once you are satisfied with the applied changes, you can click on the export button to save the videos on your MAC.
#2 BeeCut (Windows, Mac)
BeeCut is a video cropper software that can be downloaded on both Windows and MAC devices for free. It should be a good choice for beginners because of its clean and straightforward interface. Besides cropping videos, it also supports many other video editing functions like adding filters and elements, splitting videos, merging video files, changing video speed, and adjusting different aspects of a video, etc.
Use these instructions to crop the video on Windows or Mac with BeeCut:
- Step 1. Install and open the video editor on your device first.
- Step 2. Set the aspect ratio of the cropping tool as per your requirements.
- Step 3. Now, import the video file by clicking on the “Import File” option. After importing the file, you can drop in the working window (timeline) of the editor.
- Step 4. Once you do that, you can simply use the “Crop” icon to crop the video as per your needs. Click on the “OK” button once you are done with cropping. Finally, you can export the video on your device by hitting the “Export” option.
#3 VideoToolbox (Online)
VideoToolbox is a free online video editor that provides the video cropping functionality as well. By using this online video cropper, you can crop the borders of a video with just a couple of clicks. Anyone can use this video editor without any issues as it has a simple and easy-to-use interface. Unlike some other online cropping tools that offer limited free options, this tool is totally free to use.
- Apart from cropping, it can also be used to trim videos and merge multiple videos into a single file.
- This editor can process videos and recordings that have a size up to 1500MB.
- This video editor supports multiple video formats such as 3GP, MP4, FLV, AVI, MPG, AMV, WMV, MOV, MPEG, and much more.
- Once you crop the video, you can also add some effects to it at the same time.
- It can output the edited video file into different video formats or different resolutions. Apart from that, bit rate, resolution, frame rate, and some other aspects of the output videos can also be changed as well.
- You must sign up and activate your account before you can start editing videos.
- The output video will be added a watermark.
- Some advanced video editing features are missing in this online editor.
#4 Video Grabber (Online)
Video Grabber is a free tool that can be used to crop video online without watermark. It supports different video formats and can be used for trimming, changing volume, converting videos, and much more.
Follow these steps for cropping a video using Video Grabber:
- Step 1. Visit the official website of Video Grabber first.
- Step 2. After that, click on the “Convert Video” section and import the video file by using the “Select files to Convert” option.
- Step 3. Now, hit on the “Edit” option. A “Pencil” icon will be visible and that is your “Edit” option.
- Step 4. After that, you will have to find the “Crop” icon in the toolbox, then you can crop the video from any location in the video and any size as per your requirement. After cropping the video, click on the “OK” button.
- Step 5. Finally, click on the “Convert Video” button to save the edited video.
These are the best 4 video cropper tools that can be used to cropping videos online or on Windows/Mac computer effectively. If you know about some other better options, please let us know in the comments section.