5 Best Free iPhone Backup Software on Windows & Mac
Apple encourages users to back up their iPhone, iPad, and iPod regularly in case of any data loss. While iCloud backup is quite convenient, many users still choose to back up their iPhone to the computer through iTunes. However, there are some problems in iTunes from time to time. For example, iTunes won’t open, runs slowly, or even crashes. In addition, something like iTunes error 54 can also happen. For that, some people are looking for an alternative software to back up iPhone to computer. You can find a lot of such tools online, but you may struggle with which to pick. Here we list five best iPhone backup software that can help you back up iPhone data to your computer without using iTunes.
- 1. iMazing
- 2. CopyTrans iPhone Backup Software
- 3. Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (iOS)
- 4. EaseUS MobiMover
- 5. iExplorer iPhone Backup Tool
Considered as one of the most ultimate iPhone backup tools, iMazing offers a handy way to back up your iPhone or iPad to the computer. The best thing about the app is that it can back up your device automatically and wirelessly. It is also an all in one content management program that manages the iOS devices in a much easier and better way than iTunes.
- It provides automatic and wireless backup solutions.
- It lets you configure how frequent to back up your device and reminds you when to update the backup.
- You can choose where to store your iOS backups, either an external drive or a NAS.
- It archives your old iOS backups so they won’t be replaced by newly generated backups, greatly improving the chances of data recovery.
- It will optimize disk usage so you can keep dozens of backups without using up too much space.
- The backed up data can be viewed and exported without restoring your device.
- iMazing imposes limit to the number of files you can export.
- You need to buy a license to experience all the benefits of the software.
2.CopyTrans iPhone Backup Software
CopyTrans iPhone Backup Software is a simple yet effective iPhone backup program for backing up various iPhone contents, including photos, contacts, calendars, notes, SMS, iMessages, WhatsApp, Viber, and much more. With it, you can back up or restore your iPhone without the need of iTunes.
- It has an intuitive interface and requires no technical knowledge to use it.
- It can back up your iPhone to any folder on your PC or an external drive as you wish.
- You can choose to create incremental iPhone backups to save disk space on the computer.
- You can restore the selected data from your backup.
- You can encrypt your iOS backups with a password to keep your data safe.
- You can only transfer 50 contacts at a time. You have to get another purchase to back up more.
- It only works on the Windows operating system, not on Mac.
3.Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (iOS)
Comparing to backing up iPhone with iTunes or iCloud, Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (iOS) provides a more flexible solution to backup and restore data. It is highly helpful for backing up, exporting and printing your iPhone data on the computer. Dr.Fone can also act as a data transfer tool.
- One-click to back up your iPhone, iPad and iPod to the computer.
- The new backup file made with Dr.Fone won’t overwrite the old one.
- It allows you to preview all contents in the iPhone backup.
- You can selectively restore the Dr.Fone backup, iTunes or iCloud backup without overwriting existing data on your device.
- It is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Free to scan and preview contents in the backup, but you need to pay for it if you want to export data from the backup file.
- It doesn’t support to back up some social media app data like WhatsApp and Viber.
The list of the best iPhone backup software will be incomplete if EaseUS MobiMover is not mentioned. It serves to back up your photos, videos, contacts, messages, music, ringtones, voice memos, audiobooks, notes, and many other data. Besides the data backup function, it also performs data transfer to or from iPhone/iPad. What makes EaseUS MobiMover more popular is its built-in video downloading service.
- It is intuitive and easy to work with.
- It can back up more file types than most of other iPhone backup program.
- It supports all iPhone models after 4S including the latest iPhone 11/11 pro.
- It is available for both Windows and Mac.
- It can be used as a video downloader to download online videos to a computer or iPhone, which is a feature that other software in this list do not have.
- It doesn’t offer a lifetime license and users will be charged monthly or yearly.
- Its service is not available in every region.
5.iExplorer iPhone Backup Tool
iExplorer is another software to back up the iPhone to computer. It can backup and transfer music, messages, photos, files and more from your iPhone, iPad or iPod to a Mac or PC. This iPhone backup software also allows access of files and folders from iPhone’s apps or backup.
- It is easy to use.
- You can use it to rebuild your entire playlist.
- You can modify the media transfer directory and file path format, together with the iTunes library location.
- It works great with a jailbroken iPhone.
- It is compatible with Android device too.
- It takes a while to commit some user commands.
- It can freeze sometimes.
These are the five best iPhone backup software we collected for your reference. With them, you can back up your iPhone to the computer without the use of iTunes. We show their advantages as well as disadvantages to you so that you can make a choice more easily. Now have you picked your favorable iPhone backup program? If yes, please tell us in the comment section. We will try to find more relevant services and keep this list up-to-date.