5 Ways to Export Contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC
The Contacts app is one of the most indispensable tools on iPhone, which allows you to keep in touch with your family, friends or colleagues at any time. It will be helpful if you export contacts from iPhone to your Mac or PC computer for backup. Because contacts can be lost or wiped out on your iPhone due to the factory reset, upgrade or jailbreak failure, accidental deletion, etc. Sometimes your iPhone may get lost, stolen, broken or locked. In these cases, you will not get back contacts anymore if you have no backups. Below you can read 5 easy ways to export contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC.
- Method 1: Download Contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC Directly
- Method 2: Save Contacts from iPhone Using iTunes backup
- Method 3: Export Contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC via iCloud
- Method 4: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC with Email
- Method 5: Import Contacts from iPhone to Mac by Airdrop
Method 1: Download Contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC Directly
To directly export contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC, Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery can be of great assistance without any trouble. It is designed with an easy-to-use interface and perfectly supports all the latest iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch along with the latest iOS version. Here’s how to use this tool:
- Run the Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery on your Mac or PC and connect your iPhone with a USB cable.
- Tick the Contacts under the Message & Call Log, keep clicking Next button to start a deep scanning through your iPhone
- After the scanning is over, all the contacts in your iPhone will be presented to you. Select the contacts you need and click on Recover button.
All the contacts will be exported to the computer with four types of files: HTML, CSV, TXT and vcf. Apart from exporting contacts from iPhone directly, this tool is also capable of extracting contacts from iTunes backup or iCloud backup.
Method 2: Save Contacts from iPhone Using iTunes backup
iTunes is a common widely used way among iPhone users to backup all the contents including contacts on their iPhone to Mac and PC. But all the iTunes backup is an encrypted file fragment and you cannot view them. In this case, a third-party tool named Gihosoft iManager can help you extract iPhone contacts from iTunes backup and save them to Mac or PC computer. Below you will be shown with how to backup iPhone with iTunes and how to save contacts from iPhone to the computer in iTunes backup.
Back up iPhone with iTunes.
If there have already been the latest iTunes backup on your computer, you can ignore this part; if not, please follow the following guides.
- Run the iTunes app on your Mac or PC, and connect your iPhone with the USB cable.
- Click on the Device icon and then the Summary
- Select “This computer” option in the Backups section and then Back Up Now button on the right.
Save contacts to the computer from iTunes backup
- Step 1: Download and launch the Gihosoft iManager on your Mac or PC.
- Step 2: Choose your latest iTunes backup from the list in the left bar, and click on Contacts icon.
- Step 3: Check the small box next to the contacts you want to export, and save them to your computer by choosing one of three options: Export to Text, Export to CVS or Export to Vcard.
Method 3: Export Contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC via iCloud
iCloud can be an easy way used to export contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC. Remember to turn on iCloud backup contacts first before you get started. Now read on the process to export vCard to Mac or PC.
- Go to Settings on iPhone > [your name] > iCloud.
- Tap on the toggle pf Contacts.
- Sign in the website icloud.com with your Apple ID and passcode.
- Click on the Contacts icon, then press the Ctrl key and select the contacts you need to export.
- Hit the Settings option with the shaping of gear on the left bottom corner of the interface and then Export vCard so that all of the contacts you select will be download to the computer.
Method 4: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to Mac or PC with Email
If you have just a single contact or a small number of contacts to export from iPhone to Mac or PC, it is a good way to use email. The steps are as follows.
- Step 1: Open Contact app in your iPhone, choose the contact you need to transfer
- Step 2: Click Share Contact option, then select the Mail icon, input your email address and select Send.
- Step 3: Sign in your mailbox on your Mac or PC to download the contact.
Method 5: Import Contacts from iPhone to Mac with Airdrop
Airdrop is an ad hoc wireless network service in Apple Inc.’s iOS and Mac OS system, which enables iOS users to instantly share and receive contacts, photos, videos, etc. with other Apple devices nearby. Before you start with it, please ensure the Wi-Fi as well as Bluetooth are both turned on and your iPhone and Mac are signed in with the same Apple ID.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center on your iPhone. Then press firmly the network settings card in the upper-left corner, tap on AirDrop option and choose if you want to send to everyone or only to your contacts.
- Go to the Finder on your Mac, click on Airdrop and select “Allow me to be discovered by: Everyone” option at the bottom
- Select the contact you need to import, choose Share Contact option and tap on your Mac showed on the top to share with Airdrop.
Please note if your iPhone is iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen to open Control Center.
Above all are 5 ways we summarized for transferring contacts from iPhone to Mac and PC. The first four methods are available for both Mac and PC and the last one is for Mac only as the airdrop is an exclusive service for Apple device. Among them, using the third-party tool is a handy and easy way. When you have no backups, you can use the Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery to export contacts from iPhone directly. And when you have iTunes backup on the computer, Gihosoft iManager is a pretty good means of exporting contacts to Mac or PC. If you have anything to add or suggestions, please share us in the comment section.