4 Ways to Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM
The iPhone is a powerful iOS device but it doesn’t allow its users to export contacts to SIM directly. This brings some trouble to those who want to change the iPhone to other device or change the network provider. Is there any way to copy contacts from iPhone to SIM so that they can be kept intact? Don’t worry. Here are some practical methods in this article to help you do so.
- Method 1: Copy Contacts from iPhone to SIM by Email
- Method 2: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM with iCloud
- Method 3: Export iPhone contacts to SIM with Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery
- Method 4: Export iPhone contacts to SIM by iPhone Jailbreak
Method 1: Export Contacts from iPhone to SIM by Email
If you have just a single contact or a small number of contacts to export from iPhone to SIM, it is a good way to email these contacts to an Android phone and export them to sim card. The steps are as follows.
- Step 1: Open Contact app in your iPhone, choose the contact you need to copy and click Share Contact. Select the icon Mail and input your email address.
- Step 2: Sign in your mailbox on an Android phone to download the vCard. And import it to the Contact app in the Android phone.
- Step 3: Tap on the menu and finish it by clicking Export to SIM.
Method 2: Transfer Contacts from iPhone to SIM with iCloud
The previous method is quite an easy one. However, it can be a tedious and time-consuming means when the amount of contacts you need to copy from iPhone to SIM is large. At this time, iCloud will be a big help. What you need do is to sync your iPhone contacts with iCloud, download them to the computer, transfer them to an Android phone and eventually export to sim card. It seems a little complex to transfer contacts from iPhone to SIM with iCloud, but you will realize how easy it is going to be once you have a try of it.
- Step 1: Tap Settings app on your iPhone, go to iCloud and toggle the Contacts on.
- Step 2: Open iCloud.com on computer. Log in iCloud with your ID and passcode and click Contacts.
- Step 3: Hold the Ctrl key and select the contacts you need to copy to SIM. Hit the Settings option on left bottom corner of the interface and then Export vCard so that all of the contacts you select will be download to the computer.
- Step 4: Connect an Android phone to the computer with a USB cable and transfer contacts to Android phone. Then everything is done after you exporting the contacts to SIM.
Method 3: Copy iPhone contacts to SIM with Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery
What if your Internet connection is cut off suddenly? How can you copy contacts from iPhone to SIM? Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery can help you do this even your are offline. It can also help you recover deleted contacts from iPhone even without backup. Go on to see how to export iPhone contacts to SIM with this tool.
- Step 1: Connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable and launch Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery.
- Step 2: Tick the Contacts under the Message & Call Log. Then Click Next to start a thorough scan of your iPhone. After the scan, all of the contacts in your iPhone will be presented on the left sidebar for you to preview.
- Step 3: Select the contacts you need to copy from iPhone to SIM and click Recover. All the contacts will be exported to the computer with four types of files: Contacts.html, Contacts.csv,Contacts.txt and Contacts.vcf.
- Step 4: Connect an Android phone to the computer with a USB cable and transfer the file Contacts.vcf to Android phone. The entire process will be complete after the iPhone contacts being exported to sim card.
Method 4: Export iPhone contacts to SIM by iPhone Jailbreak
If you don’t mind, jailbreaking the iPhone is not a bad idea. There is less restrictions for a jailbroken iPhone. You are allowed to install an app named SIManager from Cydia in iPhone, which will help you copy contacts from iPhone to SIM conveniently. It is not a difficult work, you just need to download a jailbreak app and follow the instructions. Some iPhone users may not know what exactly Jailbreak of iPhone is, you can keep reading this article.
Jailbreak of iPhone is similar to the rooting in Android devices. It helps break the limitations imposed on iPhone users from Apple. After jailbreaking an iPhone, many other features which are hidden in basic or official version will be explored to you. And all of the apps which cannot be accessed on App store will be available. Cydia is one of the hidden features. It is an alternate App store which is only for jailbreak iPhone.
It seems that jailbreaking an iPhone will make the iPhone more free and more comfortable to use. But it is a double-edged sword and it has drawbacks, either. Jailbreak will make iPhone go out of the guarantee period. It is OK if you don’t mind or your iPhone has already been out of that period. The other drawback is important and worth pondering. That is all of the security measures in your iPhone will be out of work. So jailbreaking an iPhone to export contacts to sim card is a way worthy of reflection.
The Bottom Line
Not being allowed to directly copy contacts from iPhone to SIM is definitely annoying. But the methods presented in this article will help you solve this trouble. Now have you chosen a favorite way to export contacts from iPhone to SIM? If you have any other questions or any other better method, please leave them in the comment section.