10 Best iPhone Data Recovery Software in 2020 [Free & Paid]
Since you’re reading this article, you’re probably one of those users who have accidentally deleted or lost some valued data on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. And you may not have a backup available. That’s why you need a third-party iPhone data recovery app.
Data loss is not unusual for iOS users. Besides accidental deletion, something like factory reset, broken device, virus attack, jailbreak, iOS upgrade failure, etc. can also be common culprits of data loss. To prevent data loss, Apple encourages people to back up their data to iTunes or iCloud regularly. Unfortunately, sometimes you may miss the chance of backing up your data before data loss. In this case, you will need help from a credible iPhone data recovery app.
What Makes the Best iPhone Data Recovery Software?
There are plenty of iOS data recovery tools on the Internet and it is not an easy task to pick out a desirable one. To find the answer, here are some elements to be considered about.
- Security: A qualified software should not carry any virus or malware. Moreover, it should takes users’ privacy seriously and never retain any personal information.
- Capability: It has a high success rate of data recovery for iOS, and is able to recover numbers of file types such as Messages, Photos, Contacts, etc.
- Compatibility: The best iOS data recovery software works with all iOS versions and devices.
- Intuitiveness: User-friendly interface and no requirement for technique skills.
- Support: A good software always has a good support team behind. The best iPhone File recovery tool also has a responsible team which users can reach out for questions.
We compared several iPhone data recovery apps from the security, compatibility, capability, intuitiveness and support team, and eventually list the top 10 iPhone data recovery apps in 2020 both free and paid below.
- 1. Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery Free
- 2. Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone
- 3. Primo iPhone Data Recovery
- 4. FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery
- 5. iSkySoft iPhone Data Recovery
- 6. iMobie PhoneRescue Software
- 7. Tenoshare iOS Data Recovery
- 8. iMyFone D-Back
- 9. Leawo iOS Data Recovery Software
- 10. Engima Recovery
1. Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery Free
Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery Free is a reliable iPhone data recovery freeware. It helps you retrieve lost data from iOS devices directly or from iTunes and iCloud backup, including contacts, SMS, photos, WhatsApp, Viber, notes, etc. It is user-friendly and you don’t need to be a techie to use it. The scanned files will be classified in details for you to preview so that you can recover what you want selectively. If you accidentally delete or lose your data due to upgrade/jailbreak failure, device lost or broken, or any other reason, Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery Free can get them back to you. Moreover, this software is secure and clean, and it never performs an illegal operation on your devices. Furthermore, it has a professional and responsible support team behind. You can use it trustingly.
- Supports to preview and select data you need to recover.
- Even the trial version can help recover some data.
- Compatible with all the latest iOS version and iOS devices.
- Rather easy to use.
- The trial version does not support all data recovery.
2. Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone
Stellar Data Recovery for iPhone is an excellent iOS data recovery program with a high user-friendly interface. It allows you to recover accidentally deleted contacts, photos, videos, call history, WhatsApp, Viber and Line messages along with attachments, and many more. This app is safe to download and you can use it to recover iOS data trustingly. It can directly save the recovered data to the computer or the iPhone. The software works on recovering the iPhone data from various scenarios: Water damage, jailbreak/upgrade failure, formatted iPhone, stuck on Apple logo screen, etc.
- Multiple languages supported.
- Supports recovery from encrypted iTunes backup files.
- Straightforward interface.
- The free trial doesn’t offer recovered data saving function.
- Has no lifetime license
- Longer scanning time
3. Primo iPhone Data Recovery
Primo iPhone Data Recovery software is straightforward to use and can recover 25 types of deleted contents from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, including Contacts, Call history, Messages, Calendar, Notes, etc. The software also supports data recovery from iTunes & iCloud backup. You are allowed to preview and selectively recover the data to the device or computer. Besides data recovery, this software also has an additional feature to fix iOS system issues like an upgrade error, iDevice stuck on the black screen, white screen, and Apple logo.
- Clear and simple interface.
- Provision of recovery to the device directly or the computer.
- An additional feature to repair iOS system issues or update errors.
- It does not cover the recovery of other app data like SnapChat, Viber, etc.
- The trial version doesn’t allow to save the recovered data.
- The Media data and App data can only be recovered to the computer.
4. FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery
Here comes another straightforward iOS data recovery app, which is widely used by iPhone users to recover lost data from the iOS device, iTunes and iCloud backup.
FoneLab iPhone Data Recovery supports to recover 19 types of data, including deleted contacts, photos, notes, call history, app messages, and many more. However, the video and photo restoration is a bit limited. One cannot recover any files using the trial version but need to purchase the licensed version t enjoy the benefits.
- Straightforward to use.
- Supports three recovery modes: from iOS devices, iTunes backup, and iCloud.
- Scanning time is relatively short.
- It does not always recover full data.
- The trial version has limited features.
5. iSkySoft iPhone Data Recovery
If you are looking for another best alternative to recover your lost data from the iOS devices, then iSkySoft iPhone Data Recovery is for you. It allows you to recover photos, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp chat, iMessage, Notes, Calendar, voice memos, and many more. One can see the data before recovering through the preview window and select what to recover. This software supports to retrieve 9 types of lost data from the device itself and 17 types of lost data from iTunes backup and iCloud platform.
- User-friendly interface.
- It offers three recovery methods- from iOS device, iTunes backup, and iCloud.
- Supports to preview and select the lost data.
- Sometimes cannot recognize the iOS device.
- Slower scanning speed.
6. iMobie PhoneRescue Software
Forget your worries if you lost or corrupted some of the files or documents in your iPhone. As a complete iPhone data recovery software developed by a reliable team, iMobie PhoneRescue allows you to recover 31 types of data including messages, photos, app messages, videos, call logs, contacts, voice memos, and many more. One can see the data through the preview option where the recovered data is displayed with the file names. It also helps to restore and fix the problems on your iPhone. One can try the trial version, which is limited to a certain extent, and if satisfied, you can buy the licensed version.
- It is easy to use.
- Supports a wide range of data recovery.
- The preview option is available.
- Extended scanning time.
- It does not recover data from all scenarios.
7. Tenoshare iOS Data Recovery
Like other iPhone data recovery apps, Tenoshare iOS Data Recovery supports data recovery from iOS device, iTunes and iCloud. The recoverable data covers a wide range of file formats that includes call history, calendars, contacts, photos, videos, WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, Line and WeChat chats along with attachments, etc. You can preview the items before you restore them and can use the selective data recovery option to get back only the desired data. The support team behind this iPhone data recovery app is friendly. You can try the free trial and then go for the licensed version.
- It can repair the operating system and offer you better iOS performance.
- The preview option is available.
- Retrieve data in various scenarios.
- The scanning speed is a little low.
- Not always full restore the lost data.
iMyFone D-Back is another good iPhone data recovery tool that gets a place in the top 10. It offers three recovery modes – from iPhone, iTunes and iCloud backup. It also has a Smart Recovery option on the interface, which is friendly to users knowing little about the recovery tool. This software supports to recover photos, messages, notes, and multiple social app messages, for example, WhatsApp, Viber, Kik, LINE, etc. One can fix various issues of the iPhone using this software. The free trial allows getting a preview before recovering, and you need to purchase the full version to complete the recovery.
- Easy to use, even for a green hand.
- Compatible with all iOS versions and all models of iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- The free trial includes limited functions.
- The data recovery types are focused on social app chats.
9. Leawo iOS Data Recovery Software
Leawo iOS Date Recovery software can recover 12 kinds of lost files from the iTunes, 6 types of lost data from iOS devices and enables the user to save the file to their Mac books. One can search the lost data by file name or file format while using this software. It supports a variety of iOS devices and has a straightforward interface while using. The preview option is available in this software, enabling you to decide what to get back and what to reject. One has to purchase the licensed version of this software to use for data recovery.
- User-friendly interface.
- Supports the preview option before recovering.
- Data recovery types are limited.
- Long scanning time.
10. Engima Recovery
Engima Recovery is a well-designed iPhone data recovery software that enables you to recover text messages, photos, videos, contacts, call history, WhatsApp, Kik, and Viber chats, etc. However, the licensed version needs to be downloaded after paying a minimum amount to get the deleted and lost data back to the iPhone. You can almost recover 94% of your lost data using this software. The 24-hour live support of the backup team helps you to solve the troubles through live chats, emails as well as phone calls. The experts guide you to do the needful for recovering the data in your iPhone.
- User-friendly interface.
- Scan history will be saved.
- The preview function is available.
- The additional app is needed for restoring data to iDevice.
- Photos and video recovery is not available from iCloud.
- The free trial does not allow users to preview all the data.
These are all the 10 best iPhone data recovery software. They can help you get rid of your data loss blue straightforwardly and efficiently. If you have lost your essential data and hope to get them back, pick up one iPhone data recovery software from this article, according to your preference. If you have any other queries and opinions, please leave them on the comment section.