How to Manage Your Photos on iPhone to Free up Space
Pictures hold all kinds of wonderful memories. Usually, iPhone users are used to capturing a dramatic landscape or a touching moment with the iPhone. However, over time, it will result in many images eating up the space of your iPhone. Another thing worth mentioning is that you will spend much time searching for the picture you want, as you have to scroll through endless streams of photos on the iPhone to find the right one.
If you have a similar experience, it is necessary for you to manage your favorite photos on the iPhone to avoid spending more time searching than enjoying those treasured moments saved on the iPhone. This article details how to manage photos on iPhone to free up the storage, including how to delete photos from iPhone, compress pictures on iPhone, how to transfer photos from iPhone to PC, as well as some extra tips to organize photos on iPhone better.
- Part 1: How to Delete Photos from iPhone
- Part 2: How to Compress Photos on iPhone
- Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
- Extra Tips to Manage iPhone Photos Better
Part 1: How to Delete Photos from iPhone
How to delete individual photos
When there are too many photos cluttering up your iPhone storage, you can delete those images which are not so important, or you will never look at again. Removing superfluous images is the best and most direct way to manage iPhone photos better.
- Access the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Select” option in the top right corner of the screen, and select the photos you want to delete.
- Click on the delete icon, which looks like a trash can in the bottom right corner.
- Tap on “Delete Photos” in the pop-up prompt to confirm the option.
How to delete entire albums
- Step 1: Launch the Photos app on your iPhone, and navigate to Albums on the bottom right of your screen.
- Step 2: Tap the “Edit” option in the top right corner, and then the delete icon in the top left corner of the albums you want to remove.
- Step 3: Tap on “Delete Album” to confirm the deletion, and click the”Done” option in the top right corner.
You can delete any of the albums you have created in the Photos app, except the built-in album folders, including Camera Roll, Favorite, and My Photo Stream. Moreover, the photos in the album you delete won’t be lost.
How to permanently delete photos on iPhone
All the deleted photos will be moved into a folder called “Recently Deleted”, and stored there for 30 days. Within 30 days, you are allowed to recover these photos from this folder. To permanently delete photos on iPhone, you can leave your deleted photos in that folder, and after 30 days, they will be deleted forever. You can also permanently delete those photos manually.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone, and tap on the “Album” on the bottom right.
- Scroll down to find the “Recently Deleted” folder, and click on it.
- Tap on the “Select” option in the top right corner, and choose the photos you want to remove.
- Tap the “Delete” option on the bottom left of your screen, and then confirm the deletion.
Part 2: How to Compress Photos on iPhone
For some photos you don’t want anymore, you can delete them. But for those precious photos, deleting them is not an ideal option. At this time, you can compress the precious photos and change their size. It is an excellent way to organize photos on the iPhone.
- Step 1: Go to the Photos app on your iPhone, select some photos, and tap on the “Action” option in the bottom pane.
- Step 2: Then navigate to the “Mail” icon in the pop up prompt, and click on it.
- Step 3: Fill in your email address, and tap “Send” option in the top right corner.
- Step 4: Select your preferred size, and the compressed photos will be sent to your email.
Please note that you are allowed to compress at most five photos each time, so it will be a bit tedious if you have a bunch of images to compress. Besides, you need to download the compressed photos to your iPhone and delete the original ones to save up space.
Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC
There is another way to manage iPhone photos. That is to transfer photos from iPhone to PC. Transferring loads of iPhone photos to PC helps release plenty of storage space for your iPhone.
- Launch your computer, and connect your iPhone to the PC with a cable.
- After the “Autoplay” window pop up, select the “Import Pictures and video” option.
- Choose the photos you want to transfer from the files, and choose “Import”.
- Wait until the process is completed, then you are all set.
Extra Tips to Manage iPhone Photos Better
How to create new photos albums
- Step 1: Open the Photos app on your iPhone, and tap on “Album” in the bottom pane.
- Step 2: Click the “+” icon in the top left corner. Give a name to the new album, and tap on “Save”.
- Step 3: Add some iPhone photos to the new album.
How to Favorite a photo on iPhone
You can add your favorite photos to the Favorites folder so that you can find them conveniently. Just open a photo in the Photos app, and tap on the heart-shaped icon on the bottom. Then this photo will be added to the Favorite folder.
How to recover permanently deleted iPhone photos
It can happen that you have deleted some precious photos accidentally. As mentioned before, for those photos deleted within 30 days, you can get them back from the “Recently Delete” folder. But for those photos that have been permanently deleted, you need to turn to a third-party recovery tool.
Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery is reliable software to help you recover permanently deleted photos from your latest iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It offers three option for data recovery, and you can recover the permanently deleted iPhone photos easily.
- Step 1: Launch this program, select the file types related to the photos, and click on the “Next” button.
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the computer and click on the “Next” button. This program will start to detect and scan your iPhone thoroughly.
- Step 3: When the scanning is over, you can preview all the photos on your iPhone. Select the images you need, and click the “Recover” button to save them to the computer.
Regularly managing photos on iPhone can help free up more storage space of the iPhone, and make a better experience for iPhone users. The easiest way to manage iPhone photos is to delete dispensable photos. For those precious photos, you can compress them and transfer them to the PC for backup. For some deleted treasured photos, you can get them back from the “Recently Deleted” folder. And for Recovering those permanently deleted photos, you can appeal to a third-party recovery tool like Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery. If you want to know more tips about how to manage photos on the iPhone or have any suggestion, please leave them in the comment section.