How to Recover Lost Data, Photos, Contacts from Android after Factory Reset
What is Android Factory Reset?
A factory reset is the restoration of an Android device to the state it was when it left the factory. As a result, all the settings, applications, and files that have been added to the device by users will be removed. Factory reset is an important feature that supported by all mobile devices running Android operating system. You can do it to fix some system errors, speed up your phone or clean up privacy information when you want to give the phone away. However, you might perform factory reset by mistake and lose important data such as photos, contacts etc. Want to recover data after factory reset Android? The following methods might help you.
- Method 1: How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android with Backup
- Method 2: Android Data Recovery after Factory Reset without Backup
Method 1: How to Recover Data after Factory Reset Android with Backup
Nowadays, people usually back up phone data with system backup function or cloud service, like Google. If you have a good habit to do regular backup or synchronization, it would comparatively easy to recover files after factory reset Android phone.
Option 1: Recover Android Data from Google
If you have set up Google account on your Android and enabled synchronization for all data, after factory reset, you can set up your Google account again on the phone. An option during the set up process will allow you to restore all the synced data.
Option 2: Restore Android Data from Backup
Many Android phones are endowed with local backup app or function. If you have backed up data regularly, then, after factory reset, just go to “Settings” > “Back up & restore”, and select the latest backup file to restore data from backup.
Method 2: Android Data Recovery after Factory Reset without Backup
Unfortunately, you might performed factory reset accidentally without backup, or the backup file lost or failed to be recognized by your phone, or some data couldn’t be backed up, etc. If you come across any one of these situations, a professional data recovery software, Gihosoft Android Recovery Free, will do you a favor. With it, you can not only recover photos after factory reset on Android devices, but also other erased data. Moreover, it supports Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 +/S7/S7 Edge/S6/S6 Edge/Note 5/J7/J5, HTC 10/A9/M9, LG V20/V10/G6/G5, Sony, Motorola, Google, Huawei, ZTE, OnePlus, etc.
Tutorial on Factory Reset Data Recovery for Android:
- Download and install Gihosoft Android Recovery freeware to your computer first. Next, run the program and select the data you want to recover and click “Next”.
- Then enable USB debugging on Android phone and connect it to computer via USB cable. When the program recognized your phone successfully, click “Start” to scan the device and search for lost data.
- Finally, preview all found data in details and choose those you want to get back, and then click “Recover” to restore missing files from Android after factory reset. The selected data will be saved to your computer in readable format.
With this free data recovery software for Android, you can easily recover photos from Android after factory reset, as well as videos, music, text messages, contacts, call logs, WhatsApp and Viber messages & attachments, etc.