5 Best Ways to Bypass/Remove iCloud Activation Lock on iPhone iPad in 2019
It’s very annoying to get stuck at iCloud Activation lock, as you do have your iPhone in your hands but still you can’t use it. Generally, this problem of iCloud Activation Lock may arise in two cases: You have bought a second-hand (Used) iPhone/iPad; or, you have reset your iDevice and you forgot your iCloud Activation password. If you meet with either, don’t worry, we have come at your rescue. We will let you know how to remove iCloud activation lock and again get access to your iPhone 6/6s/SE/7/7Plus/8/8Plus/X/XR/XS or iPad, iPad Pro.
Tips: If you want to recover deleted important data, or extract backup from iCloud, you can always give a shot at Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery to explore you files on iCloud.
- Method 1: Ask the Previous Owner of Device to Remove iCloud Activation Lock
- Method 2: How to Remove/Bypass iCloud Activation Lock with DNS Method for Free
- Method 3: Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone/iPad via online iCloud Activation Lock Removal Services
- Method 4: How Apple can Help in Unlocking iCloud Activation Lock
- Method 5: Unlock iCloud Account Lock with Other Paid Services
Method 1: Ask the Previous Owner of Device to Remove iCloud Activation Lock
If you have bought used iPhone/iPhone and you have found yourself stuck at iCloud Activation Lock, then the easiest way would be asking the first owner of the iDevice to enter the password of his/her iCloud Account and remove the activation lock. This can done remotely: the previuos owner just need to log in his/her iCloud.com and remove the device from Find My Phone, and then you can use the iPhone freely.
Method 2: How to Remove/Bypass iCloud Activation Lock with DNS Method for Free
Though the first method is useful, there are cases that you can’t find the previous owner or you totally forgot the password as well as your iCloud account. In such cases, this method will help you bypass the iCloud Activation Lock for free.
Surprisingly, the method of changing DNS can be used to bypass/remove the iCloud activation lock in iPhone/iPad. But this method is not 100% reliable as it may not function consistently; and after your device is activated, you can only use part of the major functions of your iPhone/iPad.
All you have to do is:
- Step 1. Reboot your iDevice and choose your country & language.
- Step 2. Open Wifi settings. Tap on the ‘i’ icon next to the WiFi network.
- Step 3. Press “Configure DNS” and choose “Manual”.
- Step 4. Replace the DNS settings with a new one according to your location (Reference given below)
- South/North America: 184.108.40.206
- Europe: 220.127.116.11
- Asia: 18.104.22.168
- Other Regions: 22.214.171.124
- Step 5. Click “Back”, and then connect to your preferred Wi-Fi network.
- Step 6. Then get back to the Activate iPhone page, and click on “Activation Help”.
Afterwards you will receive a message of sucessful connecting to the DNS server, and you can tap on the menu to access some apps and features on the iPhone.
Method 3: Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone/iPad via Online iCloud Activation Lock Removal Services
There are also some online services which help you to unlock your iPhone/iPad, but they may charge some money for their service. They provide one of the best ways to permanently remove the current iCloud lock from your iPhone/iPad.
1. Using iPhoneIMEI.net to Remove Apple ID Activation Lock
- Step 1. Note down the IMEI number of the device by dialling *#06# or find it on the back of your iPhone box.
- Step 2. Visit the website iPhoneIMEI.net, choose the model of your iDevice and give its the IMEI number.
- Step 3. Press on the “Unlock now!” button. Later it will leads you to the payment page to pay the service fee using your Visa or MasterCard. (Charges are $28 to $42)
- Step 4. Now press on “Buy now!” and offer your payment details. You shall wait for 24-48 hours to get the result.
2. Using Official iPhoneUnlock to Unlock iCloud Lock
- Step 1. Open the OfficialiPhoneUnlock.co.uk webpage and click on “iCloud Unlock”.
- Step 2. Fill the details about model and IMEI number of the iPhone/iPad you want to unlock.
- Step 3. Pay for the service with your preferred payment method and wait for 1-2 days to get your iCloud account unlocked. (Charges are approx. $27)
Charges for unlocking the iCloud Activation Removal are different according to your iDevice.
Method 4: How Apple can Help in unlocking iCloud Activation Lock
As Apple is the manufacturer of iOS devices, it can always help to get your iPhone/iPad unlocked. But Apple only helps if they are presented with enough required documents from the owner of iPhone.
- If you forgot your password and you are the first owner then you can show them the invoice or receipt of the iPhone as proof.
- If you are second owner of the iOS device. You shall have to give them the sufficient documents about the transfer of the ownership.
Then, still Apple will check if the given iPhone/iPad has been reported missing or stolen, or if Apple doesn’t find your proof as validate, in such cases Apple would not unlock the phone. Therefore, be there with the proof that you are the rightful present owner of the iDevice.
Method 5: Unlock iCloud Account Lock with Other Paid Services
If the above discussed methods don’t work for you, you can go for a paid tool which can unlock of iCloud Activation Lock in iPhone/iPad. But it comes with some limitations as listed below.
- a. It works only on iOS versions up to iOS 11.3.1. iOS 11.4 and further releases are not yet supported.
- b. The iPhone must have GSM or Wi-Fi connection.
- c. It won’t work on iPhones which are reported as missing or stolen.
- d. You should have full access to your iPhone/iPad settings. So it won’t work if your iPhone/iPad is stuck at the iCloud activation lock screen only.
If above mentioned requirements are fulfilled, you can proceed with iRemove Tools:
- Install the latest version of iRemove tools and install it on your PC.
- Open the iRemove software and connect your iPhone with USB cable to PC. It will check if your iPhone is accessible to bypass Apple ID or not.
- Then it comes with the option of payment. So place it and pay for your order.
- After payment is done, follow the given instructions on iRemove software. When it is finished, you can get your iPhone/iPad unlocked.
These are some of the best and reliable methods to unlock iCloud Activation Lock in your iPhone and iPad. You need to be patient, and it requires a little technical knowledge. So now you can deal with the iCloud Activation problems with your iPhone or iPad. And you can help your friends and family if they face similar trouble with these easy methods. Let us know if you have some other tricks and you can reach us if you have got any question or issue. We always welcome you here.