12 Best Free MP4 Video Joiner With Transition Effects 2020
As the development of technology, we can take videos easily with our smartphones, but usually there are two problems with these videos. The first one is that these videos may have some unwanted parts, like blank or redundant contents, for this problem, you can use one of the free video cutter software mentioned in our previous article: 5 Best Free Video Cutter for PC.
The other one is that you may feel inconvenient to watch several videos one by one, definitely a waste of time. So we suggest you join videos together to a whole one so that you can watch them continuously. In this article, we picked up 12 of the best free video joiners with transitions for you to merge videos effortlessly.
- #1 Gihosoft Free Video Joiner
- #2 Window Movie Maker
- #3 VSDC Free Video Editor
- #4 MediaJoin
- #5 VideoGo
- #6 iMovie
- #7 Kate’s Video Joiner
- #8 Free AVI MPEG WMV MP4 FLV Video Joiner
- #9 Alon Video Joiner
- #10 Free Video Cutter Joiner
Gihosoft Free Video Joiner is a completely free utility to merge videos with transition effects at super-fast speed. This free movie joiner is powerful yet easy-to-use that anyone can utilize its features without any technical experience. It supports both videos and audios in different formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MPEG and more.
To join multiple videos together, you just need to click Add Files button to import video files, then rearrange the order of these videos by dragging and dropping, or cut out the unwanted parts from the videos you don’t want to merge. And you can preview the joined video to see if it meets your demands. After that you can then join these videos into a bigger one without any quality loss.
- Neat and straightforward interface
- Support joining videos and audios together
- The joining process is super fast
- No restriction on the number and size of the videos to be merged
- Also support cutting video without losing quality
- 100% free video joiner, no adware or malware
- Only available on Windows but works well on all Windows versions
Similar to Gihosoft Free Video Joiner, Window Movie Maker, designed only for Windows OS, is one of the best free video joiner with transition effects. With the help of this exclusive video editing software, you can join two different video clips in a single video in just a few clicks. There is a large variety of transitions available in this software which is further included with the auto preview option. Moreover, this software comes with so many amazing video editing tools that make the video editing process much easier and convenient.
Users can share the edited videos directly from inside this software or download the edited video in the file format of their choice. There is a wide variety of different file formats supported by this video editing software. Just move into the editing window of this software and export the files from the hard disk. So, definitely, Window Movie Maker is surely an excellent choice for the users with lots of stunning video effects and other impeccable features as well.
- Easy to use for both novices and professionals
- Offers a large variety of transition effects
- The joining process is super fast
- No restriction on the number and size of the videos to be merged
- Only available on Windows computer
- It was discontinued in 2017. But you still have a chance to download it through the link above
Though its interface make it look like a professional video editor, VSDC Video Editor is a free yet highly functional video editing software that enables you to merge videos with different transitions. Besides transition effects, this free software also offers transformation effects, filters, special effects. Users are able to mix these effects to create customized visual for their videos.
- Also work as a video converter and disk burning tool for DVDs
- Offers many useful editing options like video stabilization, subtitles insertion, live color correction, motion tracking, and more
- Runs on Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 only
- It requires a high level of computer resources (CPU and RAM)
The name of this video joiner tool itself suggests it is exclusively designed to join different media clips together including videos and audios. Besides video joining, MediaJoin software will do multiple jobs for you like video editing and photo editing as well. The only downside of this video joiner tool is that Media Join software is having minimal transition and editing effects in it.
If you want to join two different video media clips, then you have to select the “Join” option out from different available options available on the right-hand side of this video editing software. After selecting all these options, you have to import the video files into the editing window to proceed further with your task. After you are done with the editing process, click on the Download icon. The file can be found in the Downloads folder of your PC. Some of the popular output file formats which are supported by Media Join are MP3, MPEG, WMA, WMV and MPEG 1, etc.
- User-friendly interface
- Comes with wide variety of features like audio tag information
- May not compatible with Windows7 or Vista
- “Drag and drop” feature is not supported
VideoGo is another trendy choice as a decent video editing tool which is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS. It is a professional video converter, but it also features advanced functions like join several video/audio files into one.
At the top of the home window of VideoGo tool, you will find the option of “Add File” on which you can click to add video files which you want to merge on your PC or Mac device. After you add the video files to this video joiner with transition effects, you will find that various editing tools will get unlocked, including the “Merge” and the “Effect”. Then you can add transitions and several other video effects very easily.
- Easy to edit video with the straightforward interface
- Allows users to add transitions and effects to the videos
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac computer
- The joining process is a little slow
- It carries some overly complicated processes which are difficult to understand
As an in-built tool available on all Mac devices by default, iMovie has all the premium video editing tools and functions, which makes it one of the most suitable and reliable choices for all the Mac users to join two or more different video clips without the installation of third-party applications.
The attractive graphic user-interface of this video editing tool is also pretty much amazing for the users, which are certainly having one of the best graphics in it. Users can easily add transition effects, visuals and background effects in the videos they are editing. Moreover, iMovie supports a variety of output file formats with it. But the best part of iMovie is certainly its ability to export videos directly to iTunes.
- It can fix the shaky videos
- You can use it to add texts or watermarks to videos
- It has auto-save feature
- It allows you to remove audio track from video
- Not easy to share edited videos to YouTube
- It doesn’t carry many features of editing
- Some processes are confusing like adding music, and splitting a clip.
Kate’s Video Joiner is also a great video joiner software, which you can use to merge two or more videos into a single big one or mix audio and video files together. Like Gihosoft Free Video Cutter, Kate’s Video Joiner also has intuitive interface and simple operations: tap Add to import videos, click Up and Down to adjust the order of videos, and press Clear to eliminate all the operations.
It supports exporting video of various formats, like MP4, AVI, MPEG, WMV & DVD etc. Besides, you can set video and audio compressor, audio channel and audio rate, or even resize the video. Furthermore, you can preview the videos before joining in case of mistakes.
- Support 4K editing and all kinds of video formats
- Allow users to resize video
- Come with the feature of previewing before joining
- You need to register with your email before you can use this software
- Converting big files is slow
- Only available for Windows
Free AVI MPEG WMV MP4 FLV Video Joiner is an easy to use video joiner freeware available for Windows computer. It helps users join multiple video files of different formats in an extremely efficient way. Moreover, it provides a simple and uncluttered interface that allows you to drag and drop files into the editing panel quite easily.
One impressive feature of this freeware is that you can not only convert your video files into other formats, but also can convert them to formats appropriate for different devices. For example, if you are a iPhone user, you can convert the videos to iPhone High Quality, iPhone Standard Quality, iPhone Economy Quality.
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Support exporting video files to any video formats, and each format has various kinds of quality for you to select.
- You need to be careful when installing this software in case of installing some bundled products.
Alon Video Joiner is a quite simple and brief video joiner free. The usage is quite easy like other similar video joiners but it doesn’t support the “drag and drop” method of importing videos. You can feel free to adjust the height and width of the final video, and choose different quality for each format. However, the output format only supports AVI, MPEG, WMV and MOV, not as much as other similar software.
- Brief interface and intuitive operations
- Set height and width of the output video as your wish
- Exporting format is limited
- Saving is a little slow
- It may crash or freeze during use
#10 Free Video Cutter Joiner
Free Video Cutter Joiner is not only a good video cutter, but also good at combining videos. It provides two ways for you to join videos, Direct Join and Indirect Join. Direct Join is no-re-edcoding mode, which is very fast but only supports same-type file joining; while Indirect Join supports any format, but it will re-encode the videos and the process is very slow. When you choose Re-edcoding mode, this software offers you multiple video formats to select, you can choose your favorite format freely.
- Provides two ways to join videos
- Having multiple video formats, quality, frame rate and audio quality to select
- Don’t have the feature of moving up or moving down
After viewing these 10 best video joiner tools with transition effects, which one is your ideal joiner? You can share your thought or ask any questions about this topic in the comment section below.