5 Ways to Fix If AOL Mail Is Not Working On Your iPhone
AOL Mail is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications which is often shorted to AIM Mail, or AOL Instant Messenger. It is a web-based email service that allows users to stay connected o their friends and families as well as their colleagues with the help of their quick server where sending and receiving emails is very easy.
If you have an iPhone, then you can set up your AOL account using the Mail application. However, at some point, you will have experienced some issue with your mail. It is not something new or even complicated at all. It seems to be common among iPhone users that they may face issue when logging into their AOL email accounts or receiving new mail. Luckily, there are always ways to fix if AOL mail is not working on your iPhone.
- Method 1: Use Airplane Mode to Fix AOL Mail Issue
- Method 2: Reset Network Settings for a Stronger Impact
- Method 3: Remove AOL Account from iPhone and Add It Back
- Method 4: Set Up 2-step Verification of AOL Mail on iPhone
- Method 5: Contact the Developers Directly
Method 1: Use Airplane Mode to Fix AOL Mail Issue
One problem that users often face with the AOL Mail app is an error which prevents people from receiving new emails even after refreshing their inbox. If you are facing this problem, then it is highly likely that the problem is caused by the network from your end rather than the application itself. Sometimes even when your iPhone is indicating that you have an internet connection, it may not be true. Try to use the Airplane mode to fix any potential network issue if your AOL mail not working on iPhone.
You can turn on Airplane mode from the iPhone Control panel:
- Swipe up on your screen to open the Control panel.
- Tap the plane icon top left to turn on airplane mode.
- Wait for a few minutes to again turn it off.
Or you can turn on the airplane mode from iPhone Settings:
- Go to Settings from iPhone home screen.
- Slide the bar beside the Airplane Mode option to turn it green.
- After a few minutes turn it off again.
Method 2: Reset your Network Settings for Stronger Impact
If you find that even after turning your airplane mode on and off, you still cannot eliminate the loading issue, and can’t send or receive any new emails on your iPhone, it may be time for you to take some bigger steps. The issue may still lie with your network: maybe your iPhone is unable to catch the network efficiently, or you may be slightly out of the coverage range. Whatever the reason may be, there is a solution to fix it. If you think your Aol mail not working is due to that the network is acting up, then you can refresh network on your iPhone by resetting the network settings.
Here is how you can reset the network settings of your iPhone:
- Go to the Settings application
- Scroll down until you find the General options and then tap on it to access the options
- Scroll down in the following page until you find the “Reset” option and then select it
- Then select the option “Reset Network Settings” and then confirm the action.
Your network settings have been reset, and if required, you can restart your iPhone, and hopefully, you will be able to access all of your important AOL emails on your device.
Method 3: Remove AOL Account from iPhone and Add It Back
If you are still facing issues with your AOL Mail on iPhone, then you can try removing your account from Mail app and later adding it back again. This method should refresh your account, and you will be able to receive all of your new mails on your device quickly. Simply follow these steps to remove your AOL account from your device and then add it back and log in to your account again.
To remove your AOL account from iPhone, you have to:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- You will see a list of all accounts on your iPhone
- Scroll until you find the AOL account and then select it
- You will see “Delete Account” option at the bottom of the following page; click on it.
These steps will help you delete your AOL account form your iPhone. To add your AOL account back, you have to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts;
- At the bottom of the page, tap on the “Add Account” option;
- From the open list, select “Aol.”;
- Sign in using your credentials.
Your AOL Mail Account has been set up again, and now you will be able to gain access to all of your emails swiftly.
Method 4: Set Up 2-step Verification of AOL Mail on iPhone
If you have enabled the 2-step verification process for your AOL account, then it may be the reason your Aol mail not working on iPhone. To fix this issue, you will need to follow a few more steps after your setting up with iPhone.
- Visit the Account security page of the AOL mail on your device
- Click on the option “Manage” and make sure that your 2-step verification process is turned on.
- Select the “Connect Apps” option and then select the iOS Mail application and then select your iOS device as well.
- Select the option “Generate App Password” to get the unique password.
- Copy the password and go to the Aol mail account page in the iPhone Settings.
- If you haven’t add AOL account to iPhone, follow the previous method above to set up your AOL email.
- Paste the copied password to the password box as your Aol password on iPhone.
Then, After clicking on “Save” to confirm password change, you will soon be able to use your AOL mail as normal on your iPhone.
Method 5: Contact the Developers Directly
If you find that none of the solutions above seems to work for you, then it is safe to say that the problem may lie within the app. Maybe there is some server issue, some app bugs or some other reasons that your AOL account may not be working. In this situation, the best solution is to contact the customer support for help. It is highly likely that they will be able to provide you with more accurate information and valid answers.
The Bottom Line
Not being able to access your email account is definitely annoying, but also it is a significant hindrance to those who rely on their emails at any place anytime. When you rely heavily on your phone’s email application for your work, it would be extremely stressful if you can’t receive or send any mail or even can’t log into your mailbox. If you are facing such issues, we hope that this article just meet your need. If you have any question or suggestion, welcome to leave your idea below.