Top 15 iTunes Alternatives for Windows, Mac and Linux
iTunes is definitely a high-quality and powerful platform for accessing music, TVs, movies, etc. However, there are more and more iPhone users or iPad/iPod users starting to look for an iTunes alternative in recent years. As the development of technologies, the defects of iTunes come to stand out. It is time consuming during syncing, backing up and restoring and it is not easy to use. Another limitation is that you can only transfer iOS data from iTunes to iOS device, but not between iOS devices or from iOS device to computer. Due to these reasons, iOS device users want to find a best alternative to iTunes that is easier to use, less time consuming and more flexible. In this article, you will read about the best alternatives to iTunes available for Windows, Mac and Linux PC.
Gihosoft IManager, acted as one of the best iTunes alternatives, is a professional iPhone/iPad file manager and transfer tool for Win and Mac. It supports all iOS device models and data and offers simple and handy user interface.
Here are features of Gihosoft iManager:
- It allows you to transfer data between iOS devices and PC like music, photos, videos, contacts and more.
- You can use it to manage, create, encrypt or extract the iTunes backups. And it archives your old iTunes backup regularly to free up space.
- It enables you to access and browse your iOS file system and extract data, including the file stored in the enclosed system or the app data for software development.
MacX MediaTrans is another alternative to iTunes, which you can use to transfer and back up data between iOS devices. If iTunes doesn’t meet your need, this one may be an ideal choice.
- It allows the user to back up iPhone data by using iPhone as USB.
- It enables the user to customize audio files and create ringtones.
- It is helpful in transferring video, HD movie and home video between Mac and other iOS devices.
- You can keep your media secure through encryption using this software.
- It makes your audio files, videos, eBooks, PDFs, and other files organized and managed easily.
- It has a clean and interactive interface.
Version: Mac OS
MusicBee is the next strong contender for the best iTunes alternative. As an amazing music manager and player, it comes with many advanced tools and settings to manage, find and play music files. It creates a perfect environment for accessing the music library.
Some features of MusicBee are:
- It enables the user to easily import all the music files directly from iTunes to it. You can manage it by selecting the files and folders as per your choice.
- The skin of MusicBee is changeable so you can customize the skin you like.
- It is featured with 15 band equalizer for customizing and adjusting the audio quality.
- It has labels to get quick access to favorite music.
In a word, MusicBee is a perfect tool which you can use to enhance the music quality and listen to your favorite songs by summing it up with other features.
If you are looking for an similar alternative to iTunes for your Windows PC, then WinX MediaTrans is for you. With high performance and flexibility, this software is well-suited for the user to sync audio and video.
Features of WinX Media Trans are:
- It has a smooth, clear and intuitive GUI.
- It enables the user to send video, audio and other files from iOS devices to Windows PC.
- It has inbuilt tools of ringtone maker and video converter.
- It enables the user to sync all the music files from iTunes to it easily without having iTunes pre-installed.
- It works well for the low-end hardware machines as well.
Overall, WinX Media Trans is of great utility for Windows. It is the best alternative to iTunes for Windows PC.
If you want a cross platform for managing music library, then you must go for Clementine. It works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS. It has many attractive and amazing features to help the user experience high-quality music.
Some features available in Clementine:
- It is featured with advanced tagging plus support which is helpful to organize your music.
- You can enable equalizer to adjust the quality of the audio.
- It is a completely free music player
- It is helpful in music library management, ripping, copying themusic file to different devices and many more.
- It enables the user to listen to podcasts, radio and other music sources.
- You can stream a large music library via Clementine through cloud storage.
Clementine has many good features but it lacks in attractive design and easy interface. So, you have to struggle a bit while using it.
Version: Windows, Linux, Mac
Foobar2000 is a free multifunctional audio player and is another decent choice of the iTunes alternative. Its icon is like an alien with sad expression, which may be not so lovable, but its function is lovable enough to attract you.
Features of Foobar2000:
- It supports various audio formats such as MP3, MP4,WAV, and so on.
- It provides customizable interface and keyboard shortcuts.
- With its advanced tagging capabilities, you can manage your audio files better.
Foobar2000 does not come with a colorful and beautifully designed interface. However, it has all the capabilities to enhance the music experience by adjusting the settings and various customization.
Version: Windows, Mac OS
If you want to go for the simplest iTunes alternative with similar configurations and customizations then you must switch to Anytrans.
Features of Anytrans are:
- It enables the user to transfer data and files across iOS devices, Android mobile, PC, Mac and cloud storage.
- It has a simple interface which is very easy to use.
- You are allowed to browse, organize, edit, transfer and back up content with it.
Anytrans is a paid version. If you just need transfer music from iPod to PC/Mac, you can try the free version: Podtrans, but this version will not be upgraded anymore.
Version: Windows, Mac OS
MediaMonkey is one of the best alternatives to iTunes with advanced features and tools. It is useful in bonding the collection of audios and videos. It has all the features of media management that you can access using iTunes.
Features available in MediaMonkey:
- It is helpful to remove the overwritten and duplicate files.
- It supports media syncing to iOS and other devices easily.
- It supports various audio formats, including MP3, M4A, WMA, FLAC as well as many other formats.
- You can design and customize your own playlist of both audio and video using MediaMonkey.
MediaMonkey has both a free and paid version. You can use many other features using its Gold version.
Version: Windows, Linux
As the name suggests, SynciOS is used for syncing data and files to iOS devices. This software has wonderful management tools and settings options, which makes it perfect to be listed as the alternative to iTunes.
Some Features of SynciOS:
- It supports both way media transfer.
- It enables the user to back up all the phone files and sync files like eBooks, music, video, images, ringtones and many more to iOS or other devices.
- You can access all its features for free completely.
SynciOS has an interactive interface and allows the user to use the tools and other options in an easy manner. It will change your way for music management in an innovative way.
Version: Windows, Mac
Tomahawk is a bit different from other softwares listed in this article. Multiple features make it a good iTunes alternative.
Here are features of Tomahawk:
- You can get access to many streaming websites like YouTube, Spotify and many others together.
- It is a music manager as well as a social media.
- It enables the user to create custom stations and connect to friends to share and explore new songs and videos.
Tomahawk is a highly compatible software which you can use for the management and customization of your media library. It is well-suited as the replacement of iTunes. However, it does not support iOS version. In addition, you can go for its paid version to navigate more tools and features.
Version: Mac, Windows, Linux, Android
Here comes another software coming with a mass of features, which you can use as an alternative to iTunes.
Features available in doubleTwist:
- It is very helpful in media management with its highly compatible versions
- You can sync your music playlists from iTunes to it easily.
- It enables the user to access music through cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive.
doubleTwist also has both a free and paid version. If you want to unlock new and advanced tools and features then you can purchase its subscription. However, it is not compatible with iOS devices.
Version: Mac, Windows, Android
As you can see from its name, this software is developed for iPhone data management. You can easily get access to files of iOS devices using Windows or Mac through it.
Features of DearMob iPhone Manager are:
- It enables the user to both import and export various files from iOS devices selectively with encryption support.
- You can easily backup and restore and backup files in iPhone with a single click.
- It has many conversion and compression tools for smart management of media and other files.
- It is a perfect music manager, which allows you to transfer and manage your music without iTunes.
You can enjoy transferring data from iPhone to other device and vice-versa using this software quickly and handily. However, it does not allow the wireless transfer of data. Hence you need to connect the devices using a cable.
Version: Windows, Mac OS
13. dr.fone Transfer
Dr.fone Transfer is a multifunctional iTunes alternative, which you can use to transfer media and other content from iOS and Mac devices to PC without iTunes.
Features of dr.fone Transfer are:
- It allows the user to backup all the data from an iOS device to PC and transfers it to another Apple device to set up a new iPhone or iPad.
- It does not require iTunes for any of the data transfer and back-ups.
- It is highly compatible software with the simple and intuitive user interface.
Version: Windows, Mac,
Fidelia is a professional music manager as well as a wonderful alternative to iTunes. It is compatible to be used for adjusting and customizing various audio and video formats at studios.
Features available in Fidelia:
- It is powered with iZotope technology for quick and quality conversions.
- It has a simple and interactive interface for different customization and personalization of numerous media formats.
- It supports FLAC audio format as well.
- It is featured with headphone virtualization which gives the natural experience of music to the user.
Swisian is another sophisticated iTunes alternative used for the automatic detection of Airplay ports and the management of large media files.
Some features if Swinsian are:
- It has an easy-to-use interface with shortcut tools.
- It is featured with ID3 music tag editing tool.
- It is a quick software with fast processing and easy management.
- It does not require any third party tool for customization of media.
You can enjoy all of its features at the cost of only $19.95.
Version: Mac OS X
Above all are 15 best iTunes alternatives we summarize for you. They are completely compatible and highly featured to be used. iTunes is great software for media management and syncing of data. No software can currently challenge its features and smooth workability. But it is also criticized of its unfriendly UI, running slowly, fewer sorting options, etc. And Apple seems to have no plans of improving iTunes. We hope you can pick up your favorite iTunes alternative through this article. If you have any doubt or queries then put it down in the comments section.