How to Easily Recover Lost Photos from Vault App?
Imagine that you have moved your precious photos in the App Lock photos vault app and you uninstall the app without getting those photos out of the vault. In this case, you’re able to recover the photos with ease by re-installing the App Lock. But if you happen to not have apk file of the vault, then you’ll be in trouble. This post will walk you through it with 2 solutions below, please read on and find the answer.
- Method 1: Photo Vault App Recovery via ES File Explorer File Manager
- Method 2: App Lock Photo Vault Recovery with Android Data Recovery Software
Method 1: Photo Vault App Recovery via ES File Explorer File Manager
Actually most lock applications fall in 2 types :
1) Hiding using Encryption
2) Hiding in dot folders (Example: .foldername)
For the first type, you have a very less chance of photo vault app picture recovery unless you know a very good decrypted application or someone who is familiar with that method. For the second type just as the photos vault app, you might as well rely on an explorer that is capable of exposing the dot folders (hidden folders whose name begin with a dot.), such as ES File Explorer File Manager.
ES File Explorer File Manager is able to show hidden files. As it shows, you’ll see the hidden files and folders to check for the photos/videos in the application folder where it is installed. If not, search the photo and video formats by using willcard characters.
Example: Photo : .jpeg; Video : .mp4
Steps to restore deleted photos from vault app:
- Install Es File Explorer File Manager and launch it.
- Navigate to settings and enable the option “show hidden files”. Now back to home directory search the folder “. My security”. Then open the folder and you’ll get many files named like “24ad4ca5”.
- Go to search option, select “advanced options”. Input the size 10kb-10mb which may be vary with size of video. Select “all files” and press search.
- You’ll get the files with different extensions. Try to open them as image or video.
- Change the extensions of files into jpg/mp4 by using multirename tool.
Now you have finally done. You can move the pictures/videos to custom folder. Another way is connecting the Android phone to PC to search photos and videos on this device. Just enable hidden files through control panel> Folder options, then search with a wildcard character and file format.
Example: *.jpeg; *.mp4
Method 2: App Lock Photo Vault Recovery with Android Data Recovery Software
If you can’t find the deleted files by following the ways above, I would recommend Gihosoft Android Data Recovery program to you. The program can not only retrieve lost photos and videos from myriads of Android devices, but also other files like music, contacts, SMS, call history, WhatsApp and Viber messages/attachment.
Steps for Photo Vault App Recovery:
- Download and install the Photo Vault App Recovery program, then run it.
- Select “Photos” and “Videos” on the main interface, and connect your Android phone to computer.
- Preview the scanned data, then start to recover photos and videos from your Android device.
If you’re using vault like Private Photo Vault in your iPhone, you’ll need iPhone Data Recovery to perform photos recovery from the vault app.