How to Deactivate or Delete Kik Account Permanently Top Guide 2019
Kik enables you to establish connectivity with your friends and family in the form of the chat. To work with Kik, you need not share the phone number like in the case of WhatsApp; You just select a username to communicate with others, sharing images, videos, games and other content or chatting in groups. However, people always have a need to delete their Kik account out of various reasons, which should be done with utmost caution and thoughts. In this article, we will discuss three ways to deactivate or permanently delete a Kik account.
- Part 1: Deactivate Kik Account for a While
- Part 2: Delete Kik Account Permanently
- Part 3: Disable Your Teen’s Kik Account
- Part 4: Back Up or Recover Kik Chats
How to Deactivate Kik Account for a While
Sometimes you may want to stop using Kik for a while but you will come back later. In this case, you can choose to temporarily deactivate your Kik account, and the steps is simple as you can see.
- You need to navigate to https://ws.kik.com/deactivate and provide your registered email address.
- Click on the link provided to your email. If the email ID matches with the system, your Kik account will be deactivated temporarily after your approval.
As you can see, deactivating a Kik account is simple since you only need to supply email address. The advantage of the deactivation process is that you can recover the account easily without any data loss after stopping the usage of the app for few days. However, if you want to permanently erase your account from Kik, the next method will be the perfect one.
How to Delete Kik Account Permanently
Before proceeding to delete a Kik account permanently, there are some things you should know:
- If you delete a Kik account, you won’t be able to receive messages via the messaging platform.
- Your username will be removed from the search database. Your friends won’t be able to view your name from within the Kik app search module since it will be deleted.
- Moreover, your profile will be deleted from the contacts list of your friends and family members.
If you still would like to delete your Kik account permanently, here are steps you should follow:
- Navigate to https://ws.kik.com/delete and provide the required information. The page will prompt you to give Username, email and the reasons for leaving Kik.
- After submitting your request, a link will be sent to your email to permanently deleted your Kik account.
Once you confirm the deactivation by clicking the link, you stand with no possible chance of account recovery, and you won’t be able to log back in to access any messages inside your deleted Kik account.
How to Disable Your Teen’s Kik Account
It is also possible to disable your kid’s Kik account in case you feel that they are misusing the app. After obtaining the registered email address, you should follow the above steps to either deactivate or delete the account depending upon the circumstances.
Alternatively, you can manually submit a request to deactivate the account by sending the your teen’s Kik username and age to email@example.com. You should use the subject “Parent Inquiry” in mail for speedy processing of your request.
How Back Up or Recover Kik Chats
You can easily disable or delete a Kik account if you follow the above instructions properly. It is to be noted that erasing messages from Kik is easy but not possible to recover them. Hence, before performing the above steps, you should capture a backup of the messages, images and videos in time of need.
For iPhone users, It is possible to back up or recover Kik messages on iPhone using the third-party software program Gihosoft iPhone Data Recovery. You only need to install the software and connect iPhone to computer, then you should export all Kik messages from iPhone by following the onscreen instructions. Also, this software is able to recover deleted Viber messages and WhatsApp chats on iOS device.