iMazing Review: A Better Way to Manage iPhone and iPad
If you own an iPhone or iPad, you should know that iTunes is the official data management tool from Apple that helps you transfer data to and from iOS devices. But, it is a bit complicated to use and often fails to fulfill all usages. Luckily, there are many iTunes alternatives available to help you manage your iPhone or other iDevices. Then, how to choose the best ones among them?
If you are searching for an easy and quick way of managing your iOS devices, iMazing is the right software for you. Is it the best iOS Manager for PC and Mac? In this article, we will take a look at this specific iPhone Data Manager, explaining its main features, highlighting its pros and cons, and also share with you a better alternative.
- Part 1. iMazing Overview
- Part 2. iMazing Features
- Part 3. Is iMazing Safe?
- Part 4. Is iMazing Free?
- Part 5. iMazing Alternative
Part 1. iMazing Overview
iMazing is a professional iOS data management tool developed to replace the Apple iTunes. Using it, you can easily and quickly transfer data between iOS devices or from an iOS device to the computer. It can also help you create an alternative backup of the data on your iPhone or iPad to computer, and restore only some of the data on this backup to your device rather than the whole backup. iMazing also allows you to extract data from an iTunes backup and restore to any iOS device. You are able to view the content in the backup and choose to recover the data you need only. It is therefore one of the most complete iOS data management programs in the market.
- It’s backup and restore functions are very flexible to use.
- It supports transfer music, movies, TV shows, podcast, audiobooks, images, contacts, SMS, photos and more.
- You can transfer data between iOS devices or from one device to another without the use of iTunes/iCloud.
- With iMazing, you can directly export or print text messages, call history, etc. on your iPhone or iPad.
- It has a simple to follow user interface that makes operation very easy, even for the beginners.
- Some iOS devices can not be recognized by this program.
- Sometimes it may not work smoothly and fail to backup or restore the data.
- iMazing doesn’t support to transfer or backup Books data on iPhone or iPad.
- Photos backed up or transferred using this tool are read-only and can’t be modified.
Part 2. iMazing Features
To understand how useful this tool can be to you, it is better to look at some of its most effective features. They include the following:
Backup Your iOS Device
With iMazing, you can easily and very quickly create a full backup of all the data on your iOS device. Once the backup has been created, you can then restore the backup whenever you need or extract some of the data from the backup to restore to the device. You can even use this program to set up automatic wireless backups that can be carried out regularly.
Transfer of iOS Data
This iPhone Manager tool also allows you to transfer most types of data from the iOS device to another iOS device or to the computer. Some of the data that you can transfer using iMazing include music, photos, contacts, files and app data like WhatsApp or Viber. This feature is available with the free trial version of the program.
iMazing also has a separate feature that allows you to easily manage the messages on your iOS device. You can easily export your text messages, iMessages and even WhatsApp messages in PDF, Excel or CSV format. The exported messages will also appear in the same format as they are on your iPhone including emojis and formatting.
Easily Manage Contacts
You can also use iMazing to easily export iPhone contacts to your PC or Mac or other iOS devices. You can export these contacts to your computer in vCard, CSV file or even add them to Windows contacts and Mac contacts.
It also allows you to easily manage the apps on your iOS device. For example, you can use iMazing to download iOS apps on your PC or Mac and then install them on the iOS device later.
iMazing also comes with a range of tools that allow you to manage iOS easily including advanced connectivity, diagnostic solutions and update or reinstall iOS among other features.
Part 3. Is iMazing Safe?
iMazing is a safe program as is passes all antivirus and adware tests. There is no virus or malware during the download, installation and use process. It is also stable and safe from an operational standpoint. For example, when you are deleting content, iMazing will notify you that you are about to lose some data, giving you adequate time to confirm that you want to erase the data.
Part 4. Is iMazing Free?
iMazing is a premium program although it does come with a free trial version that you can download on your Mac or PC. The free trial is more useful than some of the others in the market, allowing you to create unlimited backups to your device. You will however need to upgrade to the premium version if you want to restore the backup or transfer data between iOS devices or to your computer.
Part 5. iMazing Alternative
Like we mentioned before, there are a lot of different iOS data management programs you could choose from. If iMazing doesn’t work as expected, you can start using its alternative – Gihosoft iManager. It’s intuitive user interface and advanced technology enables you to quickly transfer data between your iPhone/iPad and you computer. Some of the other features that make it a better alternative to iMazing include the following:
- iManager allows you to back up all the data on your iOS device in a single click. You can backup iPhone data to external drive or any other place of your choice.
- You can create multiple backups for your iPhone or iPad without overwriting the previous backup files and all data in the backups still maintains the original quality.
- It can help to manage all types of data on your iOS device, including music, photos, videos, contacts, messages, notes and app data like WhatsApp messages.
- You can also freely access, view and export the data on your iTunes backup files. Also, you’re able to archive old iTunes backups to free up space on your computer.
- It fully supports all iPhone models, including iPhone 11/11 Pro, iPhone XS/XS Max/XR, iPhone X/8/7/6s/6, iPad Pro running on iOS 13/12.
Here’s how to transfer and backup data on your iPhone/iPad to computer using iManager:
- Download and install Gihosoft iManager to your computer. Once installation is complete, run the program.
- Connect the iOS device to the computer using USB cable and once the device is detected, click on “Backup Now” in the main window and change the backup location of your choice.
- The backup process will begin immediately. Just keep the iOS device connected to the computer until the process is complete.